Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectTo dismiss our concerns as laughable is a slap in the face..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=189982&mesg_id=190214
190214, To dismiss our concerns as laughable is a slap in the face..
Posted by Kira, Sun Jul-26-15 01:02 AM
... to the those that have died over the years. That's a really distasteful statement from someone I hope is not trolling.

There's nothing irrational about this at all. For the record, I'm not scared of shit and more on that later.

Every innocent black death sets another precedent that did not exist 30 years ago. With Trayvon it was the hoodie something something black rage. Adam Dunn kills a teenager because of their music, goes home, and eats food. Freddie Gray was illegally arressted. Let that sink in for a second: cops see you and arrest you because they feel like it. Sandra Bland was a routine traffic stop. I could go on and on and on about new precedents set. Bottom line is none of this is unwarranted.

Personally, I've come to the stark realization that at some point I could be a victim of this situation. Some white person will see me in an area and report me for no reason because black bullshit they learned off Fox News. When I die they will go through my phone, computer, web history in order to find something to justify their heinous action. These alleged christ like individuals that proclaim to follow the lord will turn their backs on me and that's what it is. Nothing about this is irrational and all of it is factual.

The most upsetting thing is the lack of support from everyone. If this was blonde white women 5'4 160 pounds then reform happens tomorrow. I'm not whining at all just pointing out what this is.

It's not irrational to be worried that someone can report you for no reason other than your skin to a police officer that can kill you and get away with it.