Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectYou're twisting my stance, which is amazing considering...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=189982&mesg_id=190197
190197, You're twisting my stance, which is amazing considering...
Posted by daryloneal, Sun Jul-26-15 04:18 AM
how many times I've repeated myself.

The irrationality I speak of has to do with looking at OTHER current events and NOT expressing a similar sense of fear.

If you are a parent, and read about Arnesha Bowers, and have little reaction..

If you are a husband (or single woman for that matter) and read about Ama Chandra, and simply say "That's messed up."...

If you constantly read about the numerous people under 30 being shot at an alarming rate since April and it not disturb your day...

But then look at the Sandra Bland case and lose your shit, you. are. irrational.

This post has nothing to do with the perpetrator going to jail, its about fear of potential occurrence that is DISPROPORTIONATE relative to the response to that which is more likely to happen.

That's really all I've been talking about.

I literally saw a post on Facebook today where someone provided instructions of what to do with her children if she dies in police custody...tagging people and whatnot. You have lived in Baltimore all your life and you pick today to do that? And on facebook?

Emotional response is rarely rational so the fact that some of y'all are tripping off me call a spade a spade is silly.

I'm not mad or surprised at anyone being irrational but some of it is over the top and many people are fear mongering even if they don't realize.

If anybody misunderstands or disagrees at this point, it's whatever. Chop it up however you choose.