Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectRE: I ain't hiding behind shit. I made a very clear post, and some..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=189982&mesg_id=190178
190178, RE: I ain't hiding behind shit. I made a very clear post, and some..
Posted by murph71, Sat Jul-25-15 09:32 AM

No...your post began as some out of touch statement on how you found it interesting how black folks fear police and how u found it over the top that these same black folk speak of having "the talk" with their loved ones/children to prepare them for the realities of the big bad police...

Then when that didn't work you leaned heavier on the perfect strawman: social media....

It's quite easier to go after people on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, ect given how you can paint these people with the same pretentious brush (The 'ol, "Ya'll ain't really been through no police brutality shit...Y'all just trying to be part of the story...IT AIN'T THAT BAD!!!")

That shit is pretty easy to do to someone on Facebook....But when you come across people in a real online dialogue or face to face telling their stories it becomes a bit more sobering....

It becomes not so easy to apply some above-it-all academic theory to a very emotional issue...

I think people have it right about u...I'm going to chalk this up to you never really going through any serious experiences with the police. Usually this is the case with folks in the Right Wing/FOX world or niggas who judge black folks off of their OWN personal experiences....

What ever u were up to in this thread it's quite illuminating....