Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectRE: Never said she was bashing anyone.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=189196&mesg_id=189310
189310, RE: Never said she was bashing anyone.
Posted by vee-lover, Sun Aug-02-15 10:51 PM
>I said she's putting IR relationships on a pedestal.

How did she or better yet where in the post is she putting interracial delationships on a pedestal? She pointed out that SHE found "happiness w/the white boy" ...she didn't say or suggest interracial relationships are better than or compare them to same-race relationships...

This post was targeting the the legions of single blk women who are holding out until they meet that blk man in matrimony when the math says that marrying a blk man realistically can't and won't happen...and that to embrace love no matter how and what color it shows up in which doesn't just mean white btw when it comes to interracial...because that's probably what you have an issue with...that she's more or less promoting *white/blk* relationships when interracial extends to everyone...and how could you take issue w/that? Unless your issue is more abt perceiving her to have some covert white/blk agenda which again wasn't the case...

So in order for a blk person to have a perspective on race matters that you trust and look to they can't be in an IR? Or you're less likely to defer to him/her than you would a brother married to sista?...does that apply to dating out of your race too or just strictly marriage?

n type of narrative. One that touches on a
>variety of topics that do and don't have to do with
>race...where her interests on those subjects intersect I see a
>host of issues and perspectives that don't jive with my
>worldview.
>
>I'm sure she's a perfectly lovely woman. I think she makes
>some good points about NWA. I won't be going to her for her
>perspectives on race in the future.