Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectRE: You really shouldn't be in a relationship if you can't afford it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=184656&mesg_id=184850
184850, RE: You really shouldn't be in a relationship if you can't afford it.
Posted by Tiggerific, Wed Sep-23-15 11:56 AM
Wow. So you are saying that to build a relationship. To fall in love with someone...it cost.

Hmmm. No offense, and I'm really not judging, but if you had any male admirers on this site, they might be questioning it now. :)

Honestly, I get what you are saying. But, if you are both broke and you are trying to build something together, then I commend them. I mean my now hubby and I were broke ass college students, and the truth is we spent what little money we had on each other because we were building something together. But, we also weren't eating at 4 star restaurants every time we saw each other either. Sometimes a date was a trip to see one or the other at their school, and a Pancheros burrito and a Coke. And that was good enough for us. Sometimes we hit up a 3 star restaurant and lived it up on special occasions. The point is that it isn't the money, its the time, and the moments you spend together that makes that relationship.