Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectpeople that are sport fighters are vulnerable to all sorts of
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=183956&mesg_id=184025
184025, people that are sport fighters are vulnerable to all sorts of
Posted by J_Stew, Mon Feb-02-15 07:10 PM
shit that a person could do to them in real life, because habits make or break you, and if you don't have to watch out for certain things in your training, when someone does it to you in real life, you're going to be fucked.

If you take me down in a sport fight and you're in my guard, I can't heel stomp you in the kidneys/back(do you know how much this hurts? my god it's the worst pain ever), rake/gouge your eyes, reach down and crush your nuts, which are all of the things i'm insta-doing in a street fight if that were to happen. The sport fighters typically don't train to avoid these things because they don't have to worry about them in their sport.

Sport fighters also do really dumb shit in real life fights sometimes. One of my BJJ instructors got into a fight with his girl's ex, got him in an armbar, and the guy tapped out and said ok, you got me. When my friend let him go, the dude punched him in the face. Everyone at the gym was like, wtf dude??? BREAK HIS ARM.

You still need to be a good fighter and train to defend yourself, but they(sport vs real) are two relatively different things. Obviously a great MMA fighter is going to mop 99 percent of the population in a street fight, but if someone has a solid fighting background, but is also trained in real life CQC, the MMA person could be in a world of hurt.