Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectyou don't want to play this game nigga...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=183727&mesg_id=183911
183911, you don't want to play this game nigga...
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Sat Oct-17-15 01:12 AM
>try growing up with a physically abusive, cruel, vindictive
>father.

Check. Make that man your stepfather and a pillar of the Black community, an activist to no end that has you growing up reciting Maya Angelou, The Lost Poets, and knowing who every important Black figure in recent history was.

Also make it so you see your mother's ass kicked on a regular basis. Have that man beat your ass and your sister's asses for trivial, meaningless shit while you're at it. Let him be an chronic weed smoker and heavy drinker too.

Oh, since we're playing that game, have him beat his own younger sister's ass in front of you as well for God only knows what.

Now let's add to this you own father who's a raging alcoholic with a temper, his brother, your uncle who's only 9 years older than you is also an alcoholic and with a worse temper. His middle brother, the only one in the family that managed to get through college another alcoholic, an alcoholic grandmother that you've personally had to help pick up off the ground at the age of 5 years old. Throw in three more alcoholic grandfathers on that same side of the family and... well... you get the picture.

>try getting through school
>with undiagnosed asperger's and a learning disability.
>teachers trying
>to put you in slow classes, advisors telling you not to go to
>college.

I got two of those kids I'm raising now.

>kids bullying the fuck out of you.
>father terrorizing you at home while
>your mother does nothing to stop it.

Yeah, 'cause, you know, moms was busy ducking and dodging his blows herself. It's bad enough that there are certain hairdos and outfits I can't stand seeing my mother in because it reminds me of the days seeing her being flung against the walls, face first and all I can see is the back of her head and the back of certain dresses.

Add to that my father who decides to beat my stepmother when he's drunk, to the point where I learned how to patch drywall after covering up holes he left after pushing her head through them

How about seriously contemplating patricide at 13 years old. Talking it over with your younger stepbrother and the lil white girl next door the morning after he beats the shit out of your stepmother. Telling them how you're going to pack a kitchen knife in your clothes bag and stabbing the shit out of him while he's driving you to your grandmothers to finish the rest of the weekend you're visiting. How about actually packing that knife in your bag, and sitting next to him in the front seat of that dark blue '84 Chevy Celebrity, bag in your lap, hand on the handle of that knife.

Maybe we talk about my moms getting remarried that same year, and only a 4 years after that you find yourself standing between your mother and your new stepfather with a bat in your hand ready to beat the ever living fuck out of him for putting his hands on her.

now fast forward 30 years, being able to put all of the shit those men and even your own mother put you through behind you (though to be fair, me and my mother are still working through our issues) and missing your father after he passed in 2001 to the point where, 14 years later, you still can't look at his picture without choking up.

>try learning how to trust ppl
>when you have no concept of "safety" at home.
>
>try overcoming all the details
>i left out of that story and
>making a life for yourself
>that is better than your past.

Did I forget you grew up in a slum? Did I forget to add watching a nigga OD on heroin in front of your while you're sittin in front of the crib on your Big Wheel, have this nigga slump over in front of you dying at the age of 3? How about your birth father abandoning you, your moms, and your newborn baby sister with us ending up eating fried hot dogs and eggs twice a day 'cause that's what's in the fridge. How about growing up watching all the shit going on with your moms and trying your best to find SOMEBODY in the neighborhood to give you a job... at 10 years old... so you can help your struggling family. Now have that carry over into your adult life, always trying to make sure the women you're with never have to struggle and taking it way too hard when you're out of a job and can't provide.

>
>and after you've done all that,
>tell me how you react when assholes
>like you that likely would have killed themselves and others
>had they had to deal with a fraction of what you had to deal
>with growing up say "Black ppl would be better off if they
>would stop being lazy and try harder."

Nigga you ain't the only one that's been through some shit. How we come out the other side is what matters. The reason I look at folks and don't buy their excuses is because of the shit I've been through.

>you think folks that disagree with you are soft?

as a goddamned marshmallow.

>
>your oppinions are worth jack shit.
>
>i'm living proof that a hard life
>doesn't have to turn a person into
>a callous, unsympathetic scumbag
>like you.

As a point of fact I'm quite possibly the most sympathetic person you'll ever meet to a fault. As I've said in other threads I STAY trying to help people get on their feet, even sneaking that point into those threads where I post up jobs folks can get right now ('cause I have a feeling some folks on here need better paying jobs but ain't trying to ask for it like that). I'm always pushing jobs at folks, always trying to make sure people I meet have a way to take care of themselves. BUT that doesn't mean I'm blind either. I know how shit works, I know what people are up against, and that's why I try to help them work harder to get out of that rut. I'm that walking proverb "Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for the rest of his life". Well... I'm teaching folks to fish. I'm not telling them to wait for the government or businesses to help them along. I'm showing them where they can get legit money right now; fuck waiting for it.

>
>fuck you.
>fuck this post.
>
>Now who wants to point out that "i'm mad?" or "in my
>feelings"?

Waaaay in 'em fam, waaaaay in 'em.

>
>gee, what was your first clue?
>
>fuck this post.
>fuck you.
>fuck anybody that doesn't find the OP
>completely reprehensible.

because he's not. If you want to be oblivious to the shit people do that gets them into these shitty positions, fine; be that dude. I, on the other hand, will let you know how you fucked up, but I will offer a solution if you're willing to listen and do it. Y'all, on the other hand, have ZERO solutions other than to wait and keep rallying for massa to give you a few more dollars an hour. Fuck that. The shit is out there right now if you're willing to put the effort in to get it. It's there if you're willing to stop wasting your money on shit that ain't getting you any closer to a better life. It's there if you really want it... And I'll show you how to get it when you get tired of minimum wage.

>
>90 percent of you ain't been through
>10 peecent of what i have.
>"Try harder?"
>
>As the fuck if.

and you know what... There's people out there that look at your life and would tell you that you had it easy compared to them.

For everyone that didn't have it as hard as you, there are many that had it far worse. Be grateful you're not one of them and keep moving forward. That's how I'm able to wake up every morning.

>>
>>---------------------------
>>
>>"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the
>>peace when we were getting laid out?
>>Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances?
>>Where is the peace then?
>>They don't want to call for peace then.
>

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.