Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjecta dose of reality.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=183727&mesg_id=183785
183785, a dose of reality.
Posted by SoWhat, Fri Oct-16-15 01:41 PM
w/o regard for how homie 'ended up' where he is - he's there. and he's one of millions. and w/o regard for what we think he should be doing - this is what he's doing. he's part of our society. he's part of several communities. he's working hard and barely making it. are we okay w/that? do we want this to continue?

he's there to spur conversations like this.

your perspective is a common one - IMO it's way too common. and i'm glad to see so many ppl challenging it. i hope that most ppl who hear this man's story are bothered by the fact that the man is working as hard as he is but still can't get ahead. he's still only drawing a piddly salary. i think his situation needs improvement and it can be improved via reasonable measures - like an increase in the minimum wage, for example. i assume homie doesn't want to work fast food for 20 yrs - but maybe he does. and that's fine too. i don't think it's right for a person to work full time and struggle. i think there's enough money floating around in the USA that we can take care of ppl like him more than we do. i think we should make changes.