Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectRound and round. This is why we cant have nice things.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=183224&mesg_id=183426
183426, Round and round. This is why we cant have nice things.
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Oct-29-15 08:31 AM
>Act like what??
First for the God knows what time -- no adult acted properly in this. Second -- no body is without guilt in this. We know what the adults did wrong right? Right!? What about the young lady? Her actions are off limits or something? In regard to here actions -- how many levels of authority did she go through? Teacher asked she refused. Vice Principal asked she refused. Gun wielding white person comes in.

By the time a gun wielding white person enters the equation how would an African kid react? How would a Chinese kid react? How would an Indian kid react? How would an Arab kid react? My "feeling" is the kid would comply at that point if it even got that far. Maybe I'm wrong, but either way in 2015 after 100's of years of the same patterns of behavior among the "authorities" there are cultural things we should be teaching out kids. Things like "DON'T FUCK AROUND WITH THESE PEOPLE THEY CAN AND WILL MURDER YOU". There's a middle eastern family telling their kids that right now.

The girl didn't do anything besides not
>giving authority figures her damn cell phone. I'm confused as
>to why people are expecting absolute obedience from a fucking
>teenager. I've taught high school and now college. All kids
>from 14-20 are jerks. All of them. I've had white girls be
>openly disrespectful to me in high school and college.

In the high school setting at what point do these girls comply or do they ride it out until the guns show up? Serious question.

Black people need to stop buying into the idea that our kids are
>anymore poorly behaved than others kids.

This isn't my focus, my focus is that our kids are not being trained how to deal with what you describe below.

The only difference
>is that our kids face higher levels of punishment when they
>act up.

True. So why aren't our kids acting with this knowledge? Fair question no?