Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectRE: 'nobody is behaving properly in this scenario -- that's just the truth'
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=183224&mesg_id=183414
183414, RE: 'nobody is behaving properly in this scenario -- that's just the truth'
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Oct-28-15 09:27 AM
>we agree here.
>
>what's more is that the 'adults' in the situation are to be
>held accountable.

Yes no debate there.

>why look at the BLACK child and say - well, WHITE children
>don't act like this?

I didn't say that and that's not the context. The context is would a white (or other non black or perhaps non latino child) act out in such a way that would get the situation to that level? The answer is "yes" the debate is with what degree of regularity.

>why look at it like that?

Looking at it like that (in the context I outlined) is an attempt by me to illustrate what I believe is a need for our children to be taught survival strategies as the nature of life in this country will always come at them in a way similar to the way this officer did. They need to learn how to avoid this particular type of scenario which is and was entirely possible (had that knowledge been there). The officer and teacher are too far gone to be reached the student can still be taught. Got to get them while they're young.