Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI know -- questions about our own actions are dangerous in general
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=183224&mesg_id=183410
183410, I know -- questions about our own actions are dangerous in general
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Oct-28-15 07:14 AM
>the rest of the repliers should think you a wild boy for
>this.

That's fine. I wouldn't really walk any of it back elaborate or rephrase though sure.

>and as valid as your experience in moco schools are - have you
>ever seen a student slammed like this?

Of course not (in America) and I'm not even saying it's okay or acceptable. I think people are responding to that officers action mixed with their emotions which is always dangerous when it comes to posing questions.

>do you realize moco is where nice whites go to live & learn.
>there are plenty of poor and ridiculous whites all over the
>country.

I touched on that though annd there are plenty of poor whites in moco e.g. Germantown . Whites with a background that may be closer to resembling what seems to be more common among blacks and Latinos would likely act similarly. I said "rare" in my original comment because not "a lot" of whites (compared to the overall population of poor or lower income whites) of similar social/economic backgrounds live among lower income blacks therefore it may be rare or less likely depending on the area/city/district. Where there are higher cocentrations with overlap you'd likely see it more often, but really how many areas like that are there? I'm guessing not many.

>moco and your experience in it is too small of a sample to
>bring into this conversation.

Disagree -- we're talking about patterns of behaviour which can be applied to any school district as I'm sure many of us have seen.

"Hey! Quit writing in blue write that in red!!" For example.

I don't like what I'm seeing just as much as anyone else, but I also don't like seeing our own kids act unwisely in the face of authority and I've seen it a lot and I've seen kids of other backgrounds act differently in the face of that same authority some similar some not. Folks can "feel" about it how they like -- that's okay just not productive.