Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectjust because you didn't see it happen doesn't mean it didn't.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=183224&mesg_id=183359
183359, just because you didn't see it happen doesn't mean it didn't.
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Tue Oct-27-15 01:56 PM
These lil kids are sneaky as shit. This is epitomized by my 17 year old. I had to clamp down on her shit waaaay beyond Big Brother because she kept trying to skirt around the rules... And she's home schooled.

During school hours there's to be no cellphone usage at all and you're only to use your computer for school related shit. We thought she was complying until we found that she had her old phone, which was the same model as her current one but broken, put up where we could see it and had the working phone in her possession.

I caught her.

Now that her phone has been taken, she set out to find a way around that. She pulled out her old Android phone and started using it on wifi. One day I happen to run a scan on my network while sharpening my skills using Nmap, found one too many devices on the network and tracked it to her room. She was grounded for it.

Repeat this for her tablets. Technically she has three of them, a 10" joint and two generic 7" tablets the oldest of which she has sworn was so slow it was unusable. I caught her on her two "good" tablets but didn't worry about the other one 'cause it was unusable. Days later I did another sweep of the network and found another device on it. It was her old supposedly unusable tablet. Turns out one afternoon she cleaned off all of the junk that made it run like shit and the thing was working just fine. Grounded for a month after this.

So now all of her shit has been confiscated... Then K12 sent her a Kindle e-reader for her new books. I told the wife one of my coworkers back inna day had one and the thing had a web browser for internet access. My daughter insisted it didn't and the wife sided with her. My daughter ALWAYS had it with her. A month later she left it in the bathroom. I found it and it was opened up to a web page. She got in serious trouble for this one because she played my wife into defending her.

So... everything taken away... You'd think she would get the message: No fucking off during school hours.

HA!

She now tried to use her PC. So far I've caught her:

Clearing her history to avoid us finding out she was fucking off during school hours (which we found anyways)
Using incognito mode in Chrome to avoid the missus and I checking her history.
Using multiple browsers to evade us.
Using a VPN to keep her browsing from showing up in the firewall/router logs.

Finally, I got to the point where I had enough. I now have TightVNC server installed on her machine. I did it in a manner where she can't uninstall it herself (even though she has full admin rights), she can't even see it in add/remove programs, the directory can't be touched by anyone other than me on my login, and in starts at boot.

Now if she tries some shit and I happen to jump on there for a spot check, I can see it happening and I'll start up Cam Studio to take a recording of it in action.

She tried to do it once. Denied the whole shit too even got indignant and insisted I check her machine for any trace of it happening. When I replayed the video of her fucking around on FB, Twitter, and IG (among other things) she was grounded and almost caught a belt for trying to lie like that. She didn't realize I had the ability to record her activities like that.

I have no doubt she's going to try some other shit soon.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.