Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectkeep it in context though, SoWhat...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=182986&mesg_id=183113
183113, keep it in context though, SoWhat...
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Mon Nov-02-15 05:51 PM
Part of the process that I described being witness to in court required you to plead guilty to a charge, the judge sets aside that guilty plea for x number of months and the defendant must stay out of trouble, do some sort of counseling, or community service. Once completed successfully the charges are dismissed.

Mike Jackson's non-reading ass comes back with:
"have you ever entered a plea of guilty or no contest for a criminal case...

do they not have that question on job applications or housing applications around your way?

cool."

Which means either he didn't really read my response or he lacks the ability comprehend what I wrote.

If you complete the deal, the case is dismissed. The guilty plea is withdrawn and everything is thrown out. The guilty plea is never officially entered and never touches your criminal history.

Somehow Mike Jackson doesn't understand how this works.

So, let's say you have a DV case that was dismissed in this manner, you have nothing to worry about when it's time to do an FBI check.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.