Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectWhat you're saying doesn't have a lick to do with my principle
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=182624&mesg_id=182710
182710, What you're saying doesn't have a lick to do with my principle
Posted by Ted Gee Seal, Sat Nov-07-15 03:40 PM
>A baby doesn't need a shower. A shower ain't a birthright or
>an important part of a child's mental health development. I
>guess if I don't give my child a sweet sixteen parto I don't
>love them? Yale stay keeping it dramatic.

If the child was a product of whatever the grandparents deem proper and respectful they would have a baby shower. It doesn't, so they're having second thoughts. The conversation here isn't about whether having a baby shower is a birthright. If the family didn't do baby showers at all this whole post would be irrelevant. So all that drama you brought about sweet sixteens was likewise irrelevant, and a hypocrisy after your gripe about drama.

This is about the energy grandparents bring to the birth of a child conceived outside of their sensibilities. As I said, start as you mean to carry on. Shame the daughter, well, I'm sure that never leads to the daughter feeling shameful about their child and the child growing up with issues around their existence. Maybe you like to roll the dice over the sake of the future of the blameless child.

Having watched from the outside looking in at different relatives who have taken opposing approaches this issue, guess which kids have grown up better adjusted?