Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectThey got oil money.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=182383&mesg_id=182567
182567, They got oil money.
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Mon Nov-09-15 05:42 PM
Remember, those Natives that got paid from the government got that money from leasing land they owned on reservations to the government for various reasons.

In parallel, Black land owners in oil rich areas also lease their land out to oil companies as well as the federal government and receive profit sharing and other monies for doing the same thing.

How do I know this???

My mother, her sister, and brother co-own their mother's piece of land in Texas (my other grandmother). Last January they entered into a lease agreement with some oil company (I'm too lazy to check right now) for drilling rights in exchange for a slice of the profit as well as money for just being on the land.

and that shit happens all over the country for oil, coal, and shit like copper and iron.

Try again.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.