Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectthere are plenty black ppl who have emigrated w/o documents. LOL
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=182383&mesg_id=182504
182504, there are plenty black ppl who have emigrated w/o documents. LOL
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-09-15 03:44 PM
>If there are black illegals, its only a couple hundred...and
>most of them probably had legal status and overstayed a visa

my homie who works in immigration law sees several blacks here w/o documents. and not all of them are here on expired visas. plenty of them came in the old fashioned way - they snuck in across a border.

>but my point is that black CITIZENS have legal safety and wage
>protections under the law...illegals do not.

right. and that's why employers exploit those undocumented immigrants - they know the undocumented are less likely to complain to various authorities about mistreatment in the workplace b/c the undocumented fear that they will face prosecution for having violated federal laws related to immigration and whatnot. employers have been playing that game for several decades now. hell, they've played that game since the country was founded! the indentured servants didn't work out b/c they either escaped or returned home and so the slaves were used. the slaves were emancipated after a blood-bath/war and so the sharecroppers and children were used. but then laws were enacted that protected the sharecroppers and children so immigrants were used. until the immigrants demanded protection too and so instead employers started hiring the undocumented immigrants. the story is always the same - exploit a disenfranchised until they overcome and then find another population to exploit. wash, rinse, repeat.

again - i'm glad that blacks have not fallen for this b/s for the most part and aren't blaming undocumented immigrants for being exploited. i would like to see us put more pressure on employers to change their ways and stop exploiting disenfranchised ppl w/low wages and other mistreatment.