Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectThe immigrants are not the problem so I guess we'll have to disagree.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=182383&mesg_id=182458
182458, The immigrants are not the problem so I guess we'll have to disagree.
Posted by Atillah Moor, Mon Nov-09-15 04:04 PM
Undocumented immigrants are not the problem when it comes to jobs the employers are IMO. I do however think that our borders should be more secure but they aren't because big business WANTS cheap labor. If they can fly a drone up a suspected terrorists ass then they can patrol the border 24/7 if they wanted to. Relatively cheaply at that.

There's big money in destabilizing economies e.g. Mexico and big money in smuggling people across the borders of countries that have been destabilized so to focus on the product and not the business is myopic it seems.

>The SUPPLY of illegal immigrants is a problem. You can't keep
>shifting blame. Focus on this specific point.

My point is the same people that have you focused on the supply ARE THOSE PROFITING FROM THE SUPPLY in some way and that is who the focus should be on.

>Because at least if there werent so many, the US could then
>just point to racist hiring practices.

If there weren't so many the US would keep on exploiting poor people some other way.

>But now we have people who aren't even legal residents
>stealing from the descendants of people who built the country
>while getting them to fight on their own behalf.

They do not have the power to steal jobs. Employers have the power to give them jobs and those before us played a role in building America, but so did the ancestors of many folks trying to cross into the country.

>
>Citizenship has to mean something to all Americans.
but it doesn't -- never has never will. Many of us are paper citizens.