Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectOh Ronda!!!! Rousey admits to domestic violence (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=182134
182134, Oh Ronda!!!! Rousey admits to domestic violence (swipe)
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 08:16 AM
He took nudes of her.. she beat the shit out of him.

Is this domestic violence? She talked mad shit about Mayweather but has no problems putting her mate in the figure four on the living room floor.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/ronda-rousey--admits-beating-up-her-ex--so-should-we-be-outraged-201418914.html

It's a troubling scene: an intimate partner is slapped across the face, punched twice, kneed in the head, and thrown onto the floor. This is the kind of behavior we are all looking to amend, in a new era of domestic violence awareness.

And yet rather few people reacted to this particular situation, even though it was described in the autobiography of one of the biggest stars in sports.

Ronda Rousey wrote in "My Fight, Your Fight" that she slapped her boyfriend across the face "so hard my hand hurt," "punched him in the face with a straight right, then a left hook," and then "grabbed him by the neck of his hoodie, kneed him in the face" and threw him onto the kitchen floor.

Is this a case of domestic violence? That's hard to say without context. The Justice Department's definition of domestic violence is "a pattern of abusive behavior that is used by one partner to gain or maintain power and control over another intimate partner."

We simply don't know if there's a "pattern" here, since we hear little from Rousey about this relationship. Rousey, in Australia for her Saturday fight against Holly Holm, could not be reached for comment.

The boyfriend, "Snappers McCreepy" as Rousey calls him, was purportedly found to have taken nude photos of her. She grew incensed, as almost anyone would, and reacted with force.

"I'm not comfortable with her behavior," said Kim Pentico of the National Network to End Domestic Violence. "What I am absolutely not willing to say is she's committed domestic violence without speaking with him and learning more about that relationship."

There is no established pattern, so by the Justice Department definition there is not proof of domestic violence. But that raises other questions about how our society approaches domestic violence. There was no known pattern in the Ray Rice incident, either. There too, we only know of one incident, in an elevator. We do not know what brought it about. Both Rice and his wife deny any prior abuse. So you have one professional athlete who struck his then fiancée and has become a living symbol of domestic violence, and you have another professional athlete who struck her boyfriend (by her own admission) and has gotten hardly any criticism for it.

In fact, Rousey has become a bit of a heroine on the subject, as she was lauded for calling out noted domestic abuser Floyd Mayweather. After she won an award for "Best Fighter" from ESPN, Rousey said, "I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once." It was a brave and impactful statement levied against a man who has gone to jail for domestic violence. But then a passage in Rousey's own book got no real scrutiny.

Have we been too tough on Rice? Too easy on Rousey?

"I fully accept my bias," Pentico said. "A well-trained, well-toned, football player cold-cocked his fiancée and dragged her out of an elevator without any emotion. It was an assault. It was a violent, blood-curdling assault. If that was my daughter, I would lose my mind.

"I own that there's a double standard here," Pentico continued. "Until the tables turn in our society, it is going to be that way."

Pentico explained, "a woman's fear of a man is different from a man's fear of a woman." And that is true in almost all cases. Men don't fear being sexually assaulted, or attacked as they walk down the street at night, or drugged in a bar. Physical violence and sexual violence are closely linked for women, and not nearly as much for men.

In the situation described in Rousey's book, it's the photos that made her so incensed. So even in this case, there's a sexual power that the man wields over the woman – or at least the fear of that kind of power. No, there is no strict self-defense, but there is a defense of her reputation, even though we never learn why the photos were taken. Rousey is standing up for herself, arguably.

Still, society's attention to domestic violence against women might be undermining a needed attention to domestic violence against men. According to a 2010 study by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 5 million men had been domestically abused in the prior year. And the same study found 40 percent of cases of severe domestic violence were perpetrated on men. "About 1 in 4 women (24.3 percent) and 1 in 7 men (13.8 percent) have experienced severe physical violence by an intimate partner," the study found. So the idea that domestic violence against men isn't a major issue is simply untrue. It's a problem too, just one that isn't treated as such

182135, hmm, I wonder who posted this....oh it's the babysitter's club, of course!
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 08:25 AM
this is highly interesting if you for some reason want to play GOTCHA

and we all know what your reason is.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
182136, translation: I got nothin'
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 08:28 AM
182137, there's nothing to get, except lols
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 08:31 AM
182138, yeah, the irony is hilarious
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 08:43 AM
Rhonda just admitted to domestic violence and you want to sweep it under the rug because of YOUR agenda.

This ain't about you bruh... this is about Rhonda's hypocrisy.

cry harder bruh
182139, It ain't about that, either. It's about making excuses for a habitual POS.
Posted by B9, Wed Nov-11-15 08:55 AM
Rousy admits to beating up an un-named ex boyfriend who violated her privacy.

Feel free to point me in the direction of Floyd's reasoned explanation for his multiple times of displaying piece-of-shit status.
182140, so if Floyd said his GF invaded his privacy would you be OK
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 09:01 AM
with him beating the shit out of his GF?

nah.. of course not.

I didn't know invading someone's privacy made it OK to beat the shit out of them.

..and I'm not making excuses for Floyd. Not sure how you made that leap. I see 2 people who fight for a living using their hands on their partners.

182141, You don't even have a name for this guy
Posted by B9, Wed Nov-11-15 10:51 AM
Floyd's victims (plural) have names.

So, this is just an anecdote.
182142, Wait, so bc dude didn't make a report, and stayed quiet
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 11:54 AM
It doesnt matter??

Ya'll giving legs fuel with this.
182143, this place is the fucking Twilight Zone...
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 12:15 PM
it shouldn't be this easy...

*waits for someone to call me white or Fox News because I'm using words in Rouseys book against her.

I love this place... the agendas on here have people posting real damaging shit.

is OKP really at a point where they refuse to say a woman did something wrong?
182144, Without any corroboration or detail, what is anyone supposed to take from this?
Posted by B9, Wed Nov-11-15 12:20 PM
182145, are you suggesting she is lying or embellishing?
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 12:54 PM
what else do you need besides her admission?
182146, lol if a nigga claimed he beat up a woman, would you wait for corroboration
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 01:45 PM
from the woman before you said something negative about the dude?
182147, GOTTA HEAR BOTH SIDES!!!
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 01:58 PM
182148, it is y'all motto isn't it?
Posted by lfresh, Wed Nov-11-15 05:19 PM

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
182149, oh my damn...lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 12:19 PM
182150, nah bruh. it's funny you're pretending you care about domestic violence
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 01:27 PM
when that's not what you take issue with at all.

just quit lying. it's the same problem you have in every single post.

you're lying, and anyone with a brain in their head can see it.

182151, pretty much
Posted by lfresh, Wed Nov-11-15 05:19 PM

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
182152, RE: there's nothing to get, except lols
Posted by jswerve386, Fri Nov-13-15 12:13 AM
fuuuuuck your're the most bitchass'd moderate on this site.
182153, what happened to you, man?
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Nov-11-15 10:04 AM
you used to be my hero.

now you're softer than a gushy starfish.

this aint right.
182154, his cape is 2,000 thread count
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 10:07 AM
182155, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit lololol
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 10:10 AM
182156, nigga swooped in my post fast as shit
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 10:15 AM
182157, called you the babysitters club and everything
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Nov-11-15 10:20 AM
im like, how he calling him a babysitter?

what the fuck is a babysitters club?

where's the joke?

im googling.
182158, his avi has the answer to all your questions
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 10:23 AM

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=user_profiles&u_id=125157
182159, i gave him a pass, cause that's kinda cool for a staff photo.
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Nov-11-15 10:29 AM
... i type that as the nigga that's had to do staff photos for a few years.

it's either that or a conference promo photo. and those are always silly.

so that goofy shit wasn't his idea. and i've been cheek to cheek with a white person or two in a photo before. nobody has made all the right decisions.

but really, what's the baby sitters club about?

aint that sowhat's joke? it's lousy.

rjcc should have his own, better jokes.

i know he got it him in.

but then he's on this noble agenda.

it's okay. i guess.

i want the old rjcc back.
182160, damn homey. lol
Posted by mikediggz, Wed Nov-11-15 01:07 PM
182161, you spend a lot of time looking at my face and talking about it
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 01:26 PM
you got a bunch of unsent letters in your drafts talking about how we should be together, don't you?

182162, that avi turns all my frowns upside down bruh... it's funny
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 01:54 PM
182163, I like that my face makes you smile
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 02:46 PM
unfortunately I am taken my g.

182164, ....says the nigga that is never ever missing a post about women
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 01:11 PM
ever.

182165, which means you are also in every post about women
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 01:57 PM
I got you one of these for your cashmere cape bruh

http://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/1EjmBC_mKyqeBL09h1S-jg/348s.jpg
182166, I am usually reading. you are always replying and lying.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:00 PM

182167, you've been called out on this in the past
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Wed Nov-11-15 04:56 PM
In any thread that has even the slightest feminist slant, "RJCC" dominates the number of replies in that thread.

It's a pattern of behavior.

Even in this thread you make up the single largest number of replies (Cenario is second), so to sit here and act like you're "just reading" instead of replying is a lie in itself.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.
182168, which isn't true, but it's a useful lie for you.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 08:04 PM
even if it were true, it would be irrelevant, but it isn't

182169, lie your way out of this nigga.
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Wed Nov-11-15 09:25 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12704815&mode=full

specifically

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12704815&mode=full#12706338

so, not only have I called you out for it in that thread, I've done so in this one.

and, yes, you DO make up the single largest poster in threads like this one, and in this one you make up just short of 1/3 of the replies.

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
182170, except the facts are against you
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 10:50 PM
the babysitters club never misses a post.

FYI: You saying a thing does not make it true. That's not how that works

182171, oh, funny how niggas get ghost when the evidence doesn't go their way
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Nov-12-15 06:11 PM

182172, nah, I'm just watching you play yourself
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Thu Nov-12-15 10:53 PM
anyone with eyes can see who the #1 poster in this thread is.

182173, and anyone with eyes can see your claim is bullshit
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Nov-12-15 11:59 PM
your club is solely focused on one topic

182174, still trying so hard to reinvent yourself online, eh?
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Fri Nov-13-15 02:35 AM
fight the good fight, just understand some of us know your history offline..

182175, quick search of the word feminist
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 08:08 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12916542&mesg_id=12916542&listing_type=search

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12910512&mesg_id=12910512&listing_type=search

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12911595&mesg_id=12911595&listing_type=search

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12651621&mesg_id=12651621&listing_type=search

multiple replies by legsdiamond in 4 of the top 5 results

the fifth result?

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12911868&mesg_id=12911868&listing_type=search

one reply from me, agreeing with you.

182176, I have no idea who you are
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 01:10 PM

182177, dont worry. im a fake somebody trying to be a real nobody
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Nov-11-15 02:22 PM
182178, Lol!
Posted by GrumpySmurf, Wed Nov-11-15 01:12 PM
182179, RE: Oh Ronda!!!! Rousey admits to domestic violence (swipe)
Posted by murph71, Wed Nov-11-15 09:19 AM

dog....give it a rest.....
182180, not tapping out...
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 09:22 AM
I'm just the messenger, I didn't write the article.
182181, RE: not tapping out...
Posted by murph71, Wed Nov-11-15 09:52 AM
>I'm just the messenger, I didn't write the article.

U may not have wrote it...But u clutching that shit like pearls around your neck...

U posting like one of the hosts of Fox & Friends.....lol
182182, lol, yall really are using this Fox News shit all types of wrong
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 09:55 AM
182183, RE: lol, yall really are using this Fox News shit all types of wrong
Posted by murph71, Wed Nov-11-15 10:28 AM

Nah dog....

FOX is not one monolithic entity in the way they present their news....There's layers to this shit.....

U notice I didn't say: "U posting like Shepard Smith"...."U posting like The Kelly Files"....or "U posting like The O'Reilly Factor....."

You posting much more comical and ham-fisted: Fox & Friends fits the bill...

That's the show that always gets clowned because they consistently make false equivalencies that are quite laughable....

So yeah, u posting like Fox & Friends.....More specifically, u posting like this: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs9R4U3N8H0)

182184, http://bushwickdaily.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/url-21.jpeg
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 10:31 AM
http://bushwickdaily.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/url-21.jpeg
182185, RE: http://bushwickdaily.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/url-21.jpeg
Posted by murph71, Wed Nov-11-15 10:41 AM
>http://bushwickdaily.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/url-21.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW9U9mBSqO0
182186, edit: already discussed further down
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Thu Nov-12-15 09:30 AM
>I'm just the messenger, I didn't write the article.

182187, MJ was right.. this place has gone conservative
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 09:26 AM
White women winning like shit... smh

182188, Where them nudes at tho'?
Posted by murderbear, Wed Nov-11-15 09:32 AM
#creeplife
182189, ^^^ Slappy McCreepy
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 09:34 AM
182190, wondering which ex this is, sadly
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Nov-11-15 09:49 AM
Kinda sad to be in the Ronda kool-aid to the point where I'm speculating

Is it Henry Akins? Is it Brendan Schaub?

it is kinda wild that she's dating Big Hapa Travis Browne, whose ex accused him of domestic violence pretty recently

I hope they got mats set up in the living room where they can just work out their disputes civilly
182191, As pitiful as Brendan Shaub
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Nov-11-15 09:59 AM
was in his UFC loses, he's a pretty big dude for Ronda to land all those strikes as mentioned in that article. I'd have to think the guy she hit was around her height so she didn't have any fear of the dude hitting her back in the midst of that Street Fighter 2 combo she landed there.
182192, I think the fact she included it in her book is meant to glorify
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Nov-11-15 10:19 AM
her defending a woman's honor in what is seen as a more or less an acceptable way (asymmetrically for a woman to use force to protect her sexuality and sanctity of her body etc.)

The fact is, she took the time to specify the actual combination she used. The focus on the technical side is meant to further show that her training allowed her to defeat a man who was attempting to humiliate or violate her the way so many men do to lesser (trained) women, who could benefit from similar training. (sets Ronda up as a heroine and role model)

There is not one mention of the guy attempting to stop her, and all she dates are fighters, to my knowledge
182193, she likes her Hapas
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Wed Nov-11-15 02:56 PM
you got a shot bro
182194, She don't fuck with whitebelts tho
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Nov-11-15 03:37 PM
Gotta wait a few years til she's retired and her hand skills deteriorate a little

Give myself a chance in case she wanna catch fade
182195, RE: She don't fuck with whitebelts tho
Posted by Kahlema, Thu Nov-12-15 04:49 PM
>Gotta wait a few years til she's retired and her hand skills
>deteriorate a little
>
>Give myself a chance in case she wanna catch fade

make sure you shave your head completely, grow a huge hipster 'stache and get lots of tatts
182196, did i miss the post where legs excused or condoned Floyd's DV?
Posted by KiloMcG, Wed Nov-11-15 09:55 AM
182197, shh.. these dudes ain't trying to discuss the topic
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 10:01 AM

they would rather lie and project to protect the Alabaster Brawler
182198, finding ways to defend men accused of violence against women
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 01:13 PM
is pretty much the only thing he and the rest of the BSC post about.

182199, I see your point...kinda need more info tho
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 09:56 AM
i'd like to start with the nudes.
182200, Not really. The info is there.
Posted by Mafamaticks, Wed Nov-11-15 10:04 AM
The dude snuck some nudes and she beat the shit out of him because of it.

If the roles were reversed, it probably wouldn't have mattered what she did. he'd be a woman beater.

Oh shit I see what you did.
182201, lol seriously tho...whatever she wrote, she wrote.
what happened might actually be different. For example, she was upset about the nudes, they started arguing, he put a hand on her, she whooped his ass or she wanted to see the phone, he wouldn't give it to her, they started fighting over the phone she whoooped his ass.

I do have a double standard but its not as black and white as she hitting him is okay. If what the article stated is all that actually happpened then yeah i would look at her sideways....

to get a better view of the pics.
182202, lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 10:12 AM
If what the article stated is all
>that actually happpened then yeah i would look at her
>sideways....
>
>
>to get a better view of the pics.

182203, Oh god, these Internet men's rights dweebs gonna have a field day with this shit
Posted by Amritsar, Wed Nov-11-15 09:56 AM
182204, I mean it’s clear as day
Posted by Mafamaticks, Wed Nov-11-15 09:57 AM
I’m fine with having double standards. I just don’t like when people act like double standards aren’t there for a reason.
182205, right.
182206, This is kind of a big deal, though
Posted by John Forte, Wed Nov-11-15 09:59 AM
182207, You got nothing to worry about though cause you woulda KO'd her tho
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Nov-11-15 10:02 AM
182208, And you know this, man
Posted by John Forte, Wed Nov-11-15 10:06 AM
But nah. She's a threat to any man on the planet if he's not exacting her to strike.
182209, Key word "DOMESTIC" violence. You gotta know 52 if you gonna
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Nov-11-15 10:08 AM
work close quarters with her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCfWbsXfDsc
182210, You ain't know they call me Father Dear?
Posted by John Forte, Wed Nov-11-15 10:18 AM
182211, lmao
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 10:11 AM
182212, welp
Posted by lfresh, Wed Nov-11-15 05:20 PM

~~~~
~~~~
182213, this post already off to a great start.
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 10:11 AM
182214, https://scstylecaster.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/drake-hotline-bling-dancing-20.gif?w=700&h=393
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 10:16 AM
https://scstylecaster.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/drake-hotline-bling-dancing-20.gif?w=700&h=393
182215, Any women willing to chime in on this?
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Nov-11-15 10:22 AM
Curious what the womenfolk think on this matter.
182216, having Supergirl as a girlfriend
Posted by rdhull, Wed Nov-11-15 10:23 AM
182217, I bet she arm bars for fun...
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 10:28 AM
182218, She should have gone to jail.
Posted by Case_One, Wed Nov-11-15 10:36 AM

182219, i bet MRAs are having the biggest boner over this shit
Posted by double negative, Wed Nov-11-15 10:40 AM
182220, RE: i bet MRAs are having the biggest boner over this shit
Posted by murph71, Wed Nov-11-15 10:46 AM

Ha! I was thinking the same thing......They foaming at the mouth right now....
182221, Check the attendance in this post so far
Posted by B9, Wed Nov-11-15 10:50 AM
Only a few people missing before they start touching one another.
182222, what's MRAs ?
Posted by rdhull, Wed Nov-11-15 11:01 AM
182223, men's rights activists, i think
Posted by KiloMcG, Wed Nov-11-15 11:02 AM
182224, yeah lol, i had to google
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 11:02 AM
182225, thx... had no idea what that meant
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 11:38 AM
182226, which is a lie because you are one and we've discussed it many times
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 01:43 PM

182227, I'm not in your Stich-n-Bitch Captain Cape Man group...
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 02:04 PM
I never had a MRA convo with you...

you scream babysitters club then fly off to save your next victim
182228, actually, I mostly laugh at your dumb ass making shit up
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 02:51 PM
and hoping no one notices how your lies change from post to post

182229, LOL
Posted by Jon, Wed Nov-11-15 07:37 PM
182230, lol
Posted by select_from_where, Thu Nov-12-15 02:03 PM
182231, damn this dude taking L's all through this post lol
Posted by Cenario, Thu Nov-12-15 02:14 PM
182232, yall are really desperate to believe these lies
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Nov-12-15 03:11 PM
that's some sad shit, but it's good to see the BSC stick up for each other

182233, now i'm part of a club? lol
Posted by Cenario, Thu Nov-12-15 03:21 PM
one of my first posts in here was giving ronda the benefit of tje doubt bc i assumed there had to be more to this story...lol @ the idea of me being part of a club with legs on this issue. ya'll came with some ridiculous responses that totally changed my pov on legs post.

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12925959&mesg_id=12925959&page=#12926015

very easy to see who is lying and full of crap here.
182234, bruh, you can be upfront about how you feel
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Nov-12-15 03:54 PM
this is a safe space

182235, I bet they are
Posted by Mafamaticks, Wed Nov-11-15 12:35 PM
but mentioning MRAs up and down in this post kind of proves the OPs point.

Instead of talking about the double standard presented (that I'm fine with) people are attacking the poster and bringing up MRA.
182236, http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--j_WAajph--/18j2bu5zobvdegif.gif
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 12:56 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--j_WAajph--/18j2bu5zobvdegif.gif
182237, RE: I bet they are
Posted by murph71, Wed Nov-11-15 01:03 PM
>but mentioning MRAs up and down in this post kind of proves
>the OPs point.
>
>Instead of talking about the double standard presented (that
>I'm fine with) people are attacking the poster and bringing up
>MRA.

The question is, is it REALLY a double standard.....?

The answer: Nah.....

It's really on some false equivalence shit....It reminds me of certain people who complain about black folks using the N word and scream that it's hypocritical when white folks get called out for using it....It may sound good to them....It may make sense....But they r not the same....

It's a complete circle jerk affair....
182238, that's kinda what a double standard is tho.
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 01:51 PM
the reason why its ok for one group to do something and not another is why the double standard exist.

those differences make the two compared groups falsely equivalent, sure. But you can do that with any double standard.
182239, RE: that's kinda what a double standard is tho.
Posted by murph71, Wed Nov-11-15 02:09 PM
>the reason why its ok for one group to do something and not
>another is why the double standard exist.
>
>those differences make the two compared groups falsely
>equivalent, sure. But you can do that with any double
>standard.

For me, a double standard is a double standard....

I don't give much room to play coy about it...
182240, change the names/genders and it's instantly incredibly repulsive.
Posted by veritas, Wed Nov-11-15 02:20 PM
Job "Bones" Jones wrote in "My Fight, Your Fight" that he slapped his girlfriend across the face "so hard my hand hurt," "punched her in the face with a straight right, then a left hook," and then "grabbed her by the neck of her hoodie, kneed her in the face" and threw her onto the kitchen floor.

if that's not a double standard, what is?
182241, lol right. Now we can get in to why the double standard exists
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 02:24 PM
but lets call it what it is first.
182242, RE: change the names/genders and it's instantly incredibly repulsive.
Posted by murph71, Wed Nov-11-15 02:30 PM
>Job "Bones" Jones wrote in "My Fight, Your Fight" that he
>slapped his girlfriend across the face "so hard my hand hurt,"
>"punched her in the face with a straight right, then a left
>hook," and then "grabbed her by the neck of her hoodie, kneed
>her in the face" and threw her onto the kitchen floor.
>
>if that's not a double standard, what is?

There r some serious double standards out there...But dudes doing AH-HA! flip flops just because they finally found a left field outlier (a woman who became famous because she happens to kick ass at a dangerous level) to give them the solace they need to wave that He-Man flag proudly are doing waaaay too much in this post....

To me, it's all about context....

182243, thats fair but the other side is doing too much as well.
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:05 PM
i got no dog in this fight...but some of the excuses being made are making legs case.
182244, pretty much where i'm at
Posted by veritas, Wed Nov-11-15 03:16 PM
182245, Jon Jones is like 6'4 200+?
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:45 PM
if he were hitting a man that was the size of an average-sized woman, that would still be a WTF moment. casting this as simply a matter of gender is a weird way to look at it.

182246, change it to Timothy Bradley then.
Posted by veritas, Wed Nov-11-15 03:57 PM
or whatever man's small enough for you.

182247, I'm going to have to google Timothy Bradley
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 04:22 PM
*googles*

sorry, I don't keep a list of welterweight champs in my mental rolodex

I think I'd have about the same questions I do in this incident.

also it would be an entirely insane situation

182248, I'll give you the Floyd shit being false equivalence
Posted by Mafamaticks, Wed Nov-11-15 02:00 PM
>It's really on some false equivalence shit....

The situation is: creep life boyfriend snuck and took a picture of Ronda naked. She responded by promptly beating the shit out of dude. She then wrote about it with vivid detail.

The question is, if my girl snuck and took a picture of me, and I beat the shit out of her and then wrote about it in vivid detail, how would that play out?

Shit I ain't gonna lie. When I read it, the first thing I thought was she's defending herself. But we all know if the roles were reversed then the dude in question would be a woman beater with no self restraint.
182249, right
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 02:12 PM
>The question is, if my girl snuck and took a picture of me, and I beat the shit out of her and then wrote about it in vivid detail, how would that play out?

Shit I ain't gonna lie. When I read it, the first thing I thought was she's defending herself. But we all know if the roles were reversed then the dude in question would be a woman beater with no self restraint.

182250, there's no point. just people faking
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 01:09 PM

182251, there is a point and Phenominality addressed it
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 02:18 PM
but you are too busy trying to kill the thread because you hate seeing the truth
182252, they are look around they are
Posted by lfresh, Wed Nov-11-15 05:21 PM

~~~~
~~~~
182253, So if a dude only beats the shit out of his woman once....
Posted by Phenomenality, Wed Nov-11-15 01:26 PM
It's not domestic violence?

Interesting the word "pattern" is brought up and it's questioned when the perp is a woman..

Vee is I and I am She

http://ascensionlifestyle.org
http://twitter.com/phenomenality
http://instagram.com/therealphenomenality
182254, Yeah, that's troubling
Posted by Ted Gee Seal, Wed Nov-11-15 01:33 PM
>It's not domestic violence?
>
>Interesting the word "pattern" is brought up and it's
>questioned when the perp is a woman..
>

Looks like a definition set up to enable men to be violent and use that age old "it's a one off" excuse.

But Rousey doesn't do herself any favours if she's about trying to change perceptions to domestic violence.

The standard ought to be that violence is unacceptable period outside of self defense.

I agree with legs that Rousey's stance is hypocritical.
182255, there are multiple traps here
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 01:43 PM
Rousey has never been a dv crusader. she said something about Floyd that MRAs didn't like. that's the extent of it.

she's also friends with tyson, and her current boyfriend was accused of dv earlier this year by another woman.

now the people who defended Floyd believe they've found their gotcha moment.

the only problem is, as described (in the quotes, I have no what the book goes on to say, or really anything about the situation) it doesn't fit the pattern of behavior usually associated with domestic violence.

yup, you're wrong for slapping and hitting the person taking the pics...but they're a bit more wrong for taking nude pics of you while you sleep. The weird thing about the "double standard" is that no matter what the sexes, I don't think this would ever make it through a court case as a dv assault at all. at most, it would be pushed aside like RR event it's being compared to, and with a lot more reason for it.

182256, if the role was reversed and the woman had the nudes of the dude
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 01:55 PM
and he proceeded to whoop her as the article described, everyone would have a problem with it.

No one would be saying the woman is a bit more wrong for taking the pictures lol
182257, in the reply below you reference criminal prosecution
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 02:54 PM
but here you're talking about "everyone would have a problem with it"

seems like you jump from legal definition to casual as it suits you.

I do not know what injuries this individual suffered, but a slap and a punch does not necessarily a "whooping" make, imo.

taking nudes of someone while they sleep is an invasion that can get you smacked up, it's a bad look but I think it would slide.

182258, do you undderstand there are various levels of wrongdoing
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:11 PM
something can be morally wrong and not illegal. Something can be morally wrong and illegal.

That being said, i don't even know what post you are talking about where i'm flipping to a legal definition. The part about a legal definition came up bc its talked about in the article.

My whole point was that legal definition rarely if ever comes up when discussing a man hitting a woman bc whether it falls under the umbree\lla of dv or not legally, everyone is usually disgusted by the behavior and calls the person out.

Plus, the comment you made about taking pics being more wrong than whooping someone as described by RR is ridiculous and you wouldn't dare say that if the genders were reversed.
182259, RE: do you undderstand there are various levels of wrongdoing
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:20 PM
>something can be morally wrong and not illegal. Something can
>be morally wrong and illegal.

cool. discuss both of them, at the same time.

>
>That being said, i don't even know what post you are talking
>about where i'm flipping to a legal definition. The part about
>a legal definition came up bc its talked about in the
>article.

your reply in this thread, scroll down.

>
>My whole point was that legal definition rarely if ever comes
>up when discussing a man hitting a woman bc whether it falls
>under the umbree\lla of dv or not legally, everyone is usually
>disgusted by the behavior and calls the person out.

which isn't true at all. I don't know why you think it is or would say this, but this is not and has not been consistently true.

>
>Plus, the comment you made about taking pics being more wrong
>than whooping someone as described by RR is ridiculous and you
>wouldn't dare say that if the genders were reversed.

well, your imagination of what I would and would not say is apparently a bigger factor than things people actually do say, so....

182260, so if a woman took nude pics of a man and the man beat her as
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:22 PM
described by RR, you would say that the act of taking the pictures was worse than the 'beating'?
182261, "beat her ass"
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:30 PM

you've decided not to acknowledge that we don't actually know if this person was hurt at all, which is interesting.

based on the description, I wouldn't date rousey, but I'm not thinking SHE MUST BE OSTRACIZED FROM SOCIETY AND PAY FOR HER CRIMES either

182262, she is too weak to hurt a man? really?
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 03:43 PM
y'all cape crusaders always end up showing how you really feel about women.

see ladies.. smh. Here's what they think about you!!!
182263, which isn't what I said, but you have to lie
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:55 PM
I understand

182264, what does whether he's hurt or not have to do with anything
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:45 PM
if a man said he punched, pushed and kicked a woman, would you ask if the woman was hurt before you denounced him? lmao.
182265, If he was attacking a person who attacked him first, I would have many
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:57 PM
questions, and so would anyone else.

you want the hypothetical to only fit the description you're looking for, I get it. but you have to lie to make it fit.

182266, you gonna answer or nah?
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 04:00 PM
>if a man said he punched, pushed and kicked a woman, would you ask if the woman was hurt before you denounced him?
182267, Real talk the way he handled that was smooth as shit tho
Posted by Mafamaticks, Wed Nov-11-15 04:11 PM
182268, you're upset because my answer isn't what you want it to be
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 04:14 PM
but in reality, where we live, there's not two buttons marked "denounce" or "not denounce"

that's just something people who have an agenda try to convince you of to box you in.

like you're doing here.

182269, except there is when a man does what RR described.
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 04:21 PM
not sure why thats so hard to admit.

>but in reality, where we live, there's not two buttons marked
>"denounce" or "not denounce"
>

182270, that's the game you want to pretend.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 04:23 PM
it's not actual reality, but you don't like reality.

182271, lol, yo...
Posted by MiracleRic, Thu Nov-12-15 02:32 PM
182272, Respectfully, you didn't answer the question though
Posted by Mafamaticks, Wed Nov-11-15 03:48 PM
And whether the person was hurt from the attack or not shouldn't matter, which is why it wasn't acknowledged.

>you've decided not to acknowledge that we don't actually know
>if this person was hurt at all, which is interesting.

182273, when it's a response to an assault and an invasion, it does matter
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:52 PM
but as I said, the squad ^^^ wants to jump back and forth between social and legal definitions as it pleases y'all

182274, Rhonda Rousey said
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 02:10 PM
"I can't help but say I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once," the Entourage star, 28, said. "I'd like to see him pretend to not know who I am now."

that is a dig at Floyd for DV...

try harder Capt. CapeMan
182275, which is the comment I referenced that you lying MRAs are mad about
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 02:46 PM
thank you for confirming that

182276, RE: there are multiple traps here
Posted by Ted Gee Seal, Wed Nov-11-15 02:46 PM
>Rousey has never been a dv crusader. she said something about
>Floyd that MRAs didn't like. that's the extent of it.
>
>she's also friends with tyson, and her current boyfriend was
>accused of dv earlier this year by another woman.

Ah. Didn't know that.

>
>now the people who defended Floyd believe they've found their
>gotcha moment.
>

Yeah.

>
>the only problem is, as described (in the quotes, I have no
>what the book goes on to say, or really anything about the
>situation) it doesn't fit the pattern of behavior usually
>associated with domestic violence.
>
>yup, you're wrong for slapping and hitting the person taking
>the pics...but they're a bit more wrong for taking nude pics
>of you while you sleep. The weird thing about the "double
>standard" is that no matter what the sexes, I don't think this
>would ever make it through a court case as a dv assault at
>all. at most, it would be pushed aside like RR event it's
>being compared to, and with a lot more reason for it.
>

I think I've been caught out by the definition and my mistaking RR as more of a domestic violence activist.

182277, it's all a gotcha for the Espy's quote
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:38 PM
a deserved one for her putting it in this book I've never heard of before or otherwise, but nobody complaining actually cares about what she's doing.

182278, this is not the first or only time the word "pattern"
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 01:35 PM
has come up, and it's usually concerning the behavior, not just a particular act of physical violence.

182279, When a man is accused of assault on a female in a relationship,
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 01:54 PM
they don't define what DV is legally or otherwise.

Its only a question bc when a woman does it, its oh, is this really dV. Lets check the definition.

I've def heard 'pattern' used when discussing someone's DV history, I've never heard pattern use when discussing if a specific act falls under DV with a male perp female victim situation.
182280, we arn't talking about a skinny 90lb woman either
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 02:12 PM
this is a trained MMA fighter who can whoop ass.

anytime a male athlete hits a woman the wolves come out (rightfully so)

but since it's the other way around we need a pattern, names, definitions, etc...
182281, A one-off assault is prosecuted as DV no matter who does it
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Wed Nov-11-15 02:31 PM
HOWEVER, the article tries to make this distinction between a one-off ass whoopin and a "pattern" of abuse in what appears to be an attempt to absolve Rhonda of DV.

182282, right.
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:14 PM
>HOWEVER, the article tries to make this distinction between a one-off ass whoopin and a "pattern" of abuse in what appears to be an attempt to absolve Rhonda of DV.

Could you imagine an article trying to make that case for Greg Hardy?

he's only done it once!!!! There's no pattern! lol
182283, I like that since y'all realize this isn't a win for the MRA's/Floyd camp
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:35 PM
now the article is being recast as an attempt to defend Rousey, when it's clearly the opposite

good decision to rebrand

182284, i could care less about the floyd mra camp
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:56 PM
like i said i came in here with no dog in this fight and thought Legs was being extra. But based on the responses, i can see why he made this post lol
182285, I don't know what kind of dog you own.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 04:13 PM
but the shit you're bringing up is irrelevant and incorrect

182286, from the article..
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Wed Nov-11-15 04:00 PM
"Is this a case of domestic violence? That's hard to say without context. The Justice Department's definition of domestic violence is "a pattern of abusive behavior that is used by one partner to gain or maintain power and control over another intimate partner."

We simply don't know if there's a "pattern" here, since we hear little from Rousey about this relationship. "

What I stated was crystal clear: A SINGLE incident is enough to be prosecuted as domestic violence regardless of the sex of the perpetrator. There's enough men and women in court ordered counseling to attest to this.

The article is blatantly trying to differentiate between her admitted action and what is seen on a daily basis in courtrooms across the country by throwing the DOJ definition in there.

Fact of the matter is, if her boyfriend went to the cops and pressed charges, she would have a criminal record for DV.

182287, RE: from the article..
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 04:11 PM
>>The article is blatantly trying to differentiate between her admitted action and what is seen on a daily basis in courtrooms across the country by throwing the DOJ definition in there.

pretty sure this is a different situation than what is seen in courtrooms on a daily basis for at least three reasons

>>>Fact of the matter is, if her boyfriend went to the cops and pressed charges, she would have a criminal record for DV.

assuming the charges weren't thrown out, and that he was willing to go to the cops and explain how he was just trying to take naked pictures of a sleeping woman and hey wait why are you guys handcuffing me? I'm the victim here!!!

182288, they were a couple, laws surrounding voyeurism likely wouldn't apply
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Wed Nov-11-15 04:29 PM
>assuming the charges weren't thrown out, and that he was
>willing to go to the cops and explain how he was just trying
>to take naked pictures of a sleeping woman and hey wait why
>are you guys handcuffing me? I'm the victim here!!!

182289, so you agree with what I said. thank you.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 02:45 PM

182290, i've never heard pattern used when discussing one act and a male
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:13 PM
victim like this article does. if that was your point, yes we agree.
182291, it was repeatedly brought up in discussion of ray rice's incident
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:17 PM
If you missed it I can't pretend to know how

it came up over and over and over again

that's just one case, it's been mentioned otherwise. it's a thing

182292, please point to the articles that questions whether the Rice incidenct
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:20 PM
was domestic violence or not bc there wasn't a pattern. Bc yes i missed this 'thing' you are referring to.
182293, this took 10 seconds on Google
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:24 PM
http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-ra-domestic-violence-experts-ray-rice-assault-20140909-column.html

"It’s a pattern of violence where he has used violence to control her, to keep her in line, to keep her quiet. There’s always a build up to it.”"

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/09/10/local-domestic-violence-expert-on-rice-pattern-of-behavior/
"It’s important to remember that domestic violence is a pattern of behavior. Abusive tactics used to control an intimate partner and the key word here being ‘pattern.'”"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ray-rice-second-chance-domestic-violence_55bf86c3e4b06363d5a2b354

"Glenn said that pattern batterers -- a group of abusers within which Rice appears to fit -- need to have an assessment and evaluation to determine the type and length of treatment they need, followed by constant revisitations. That’s a process that can take as many as three years."

I swear I didn't just invent this

182294, AGain you asshat...thats proving the point
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:27 PM
Ray Rice incident.

Although this happened once (allegedly) this shows that there is a pattern of abuse in the relationship ie verbal, mental, emotional

RR incident.

Since this happened only once and there is no pattern, is this even domestic violence?

182295, so you were wrong and have no point and want to change the topic.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:31 PM
ok.

what is it you want to discuss now?

182296, wrong. This is what i said in the 1st place.
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:37 PM
>please point to the articles that questions whether the Rice incident
was domestic violence or not bc there wasn't a pattern

none of those articles talk about that.

they just further the overall double standard.
182297, they actually don't, but keep lying tho.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:39 PM
you have to believe what you believe to keep your agenda going.

182298, do they talk about Ray rice case not being DV bc there is no pattern?
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:40 PM
yes or no?
182299, you'd have to look on some MRA websites for that outlook my dude
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:42 PM
the problem you're running into is that Ray's case and everything that followed exactly fit the pattern.

so saying "I've never heard of this pattern" is so clearly bullshit.

pivot again.

182300, still waiting for this
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:44 PM

you say it exists and its a thing. Why can't you point out those articles please?
182301, The question was answered: It did fit the pattern
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:50 PM
but since you insist?

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2014/11/did-ray-rice-get-what-he-deserved

"And Ray Rice is not, by miles, the worst kind of domestic offender. He did not use a weapon. He is not a serial abuser. He did not terrorize his fiancée (now wife). He did not threaten her if she reported what happened. He has no past record of violence of any kind. He has no past police record."

182302, lol still not this
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:58 PM

That quote says that Rice is an offender but not thee worst type. lol

please keep posting these articles though.
182303, sorry I can't make you stop trying to defend your point
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 04:03 PM
but I found exactly what you asked for.

so thanks and have a nice day!

182304, nah you didn't. Those articles and quotes say nothing about whether
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 04:05 PM
a 1 time incident is domestic violence or not. you lost.

LOL @ i found exactly what you asked for lol

you are right..i said those articles don't exist and you proved it.
182305, (words, refutations of lies, etc.)
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 04:07 PM

182306, The headline of an NYT article about Ray Rice
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:21 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/10/us/seeing-abuse-and-a-pattern-too-familiar.html

"Seeing Abuse, and a Pattern Too Familiar"

it is the first thing that comes up if you google "Ray Rice pattern"

182307, LMAO did you even read that article??? sheeeesh
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:26 PM
Its talking about the PATTERN of abuse victims staying with the ABUSER not whether once incident of violence absent a pattern is DV or not you freaking imbecile lmfao.
182308, if you could read, you'd understand it's about the pattern of behavior
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:33 PM
I have not read ronda's book, but I'm going out on a limb and assuming she did not marry the person who tried to sneak and take nude pics of her.

there is no pattern here.

182309, lmao that has nothing to do with the PATTERN the originial article
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:39 PM
is talking about or the one i've been talking about genius

>>please point to the articles that questions whether the Rice incident

your dumb ass googled ray rice pattern and just copied and pasted all the articles and sentences that use the same words like a big ass goofball lmao.

I'm really at my desk laughing at this foolishness.
182310, I know you desperately want to find justification for hitting women
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:40 PM
I don't know why you do and won't guess.

today isn't that day

182311, bwahahaa now i wanna beat women...What's that i see???
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:43 PM
https://oliveoylnavywife.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/img_1625.jpg
182312, which isn't what I said or implied
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:50 PM
but you have to lie because you know the truth is unacceptable.

182313, you moved goalposts and the articles you claimed exist don't
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 03:59 PM
you lost.
182314, never moved anything and they do. you lied about what I said
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 04:04 PM
like it's not right there because you don't like the truth.

182315, you went from searching for articles that question whether a 1 time
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 04:09 PM
act is DV to saying that I desperately want to find justification for hitting women.

we talking about whether a 1 time incident is DV and you posting articles about victims staying with their abusers bc its a pattern.

you got a strawman moving the goalpost fam..
182316, the only problem here is that you're a liar
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 04:19 PM
you know what a pattern is, and it's been discussed.

the why you want to argue about it, I've addressed already.

now pretend I said something else that I didn't say. it'll be enjoyable for you.

182317, if you posted an article about dress patterns you would've proved me
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 04:23 PM
wrong too. huh? bc, 'pattern'.

lol you look like a clown fam.

i hope this post gets archived.
182318, you love this word "if" and hypotheticals
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 04:25 PM
because you think you can imagine your way into the world you want.

the only problem is it doesn't apply to any real world situations.

sorry bro, if I'd known it would make you happy I'd have posted an article about ray rice running patterns on the field.

182319, Cape Canaveral has spent so much time snarking...
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 03:39 PM
he forgot how to debate on OKP

he needs to increase his thread count
182320, there's no debate with the BSC. smile at my avatar more
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:43 PM
because you love my smiling face so much

182321, https://youtu.be/-OYg730Tz_w
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 03:47 PM
https://youtu.be/-OYg730Tz_w
182322, lol are you being that obtuse on purpose?
Posted by sndesai1, Wed Nov-11-15 04:31 PM
182323, Clown proved my point
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 04:57 PM
I'm assuming he jumped in the convo not aware of what anyone was talking about, but instead of just admitting a mistake is gonna stick to it.
182324, you see it ^^^
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 02:06 PM
182325, Roid rage
Posted by Beezo, Wed Nov-11-15 02:57 PM
182326, rjocc.... man, its time... http://i.imgur.com/HJfk58T.gif?noredirect
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 03:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HJfk58T.gif?noredirect
182327, put both hands back on the keyboard
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 03:54 PM
I know you're only one handed when my face is on the screen but really, at least get my name right.

all you have is the same people who always line up the same way.

I mean, at least you've convinced Kwesi. LOL.

182328, lol, you were the first one in my post...
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 08:43 PM
we all know the real
182329, trying to toss my name back around after claiming to have no idea.
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Nov-11-15 10:44 PM
bad show, rjcc.
182330, that's how the passage of time works. things I didn't know before
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 10:48 PM
I now know, you're the person who apparently idolized me one for some reason

182331, FOR SOME REASON?!
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Nov-11-15 10:56 PM
you were the man, man.

you would come-through and deliver such scathing messages to people who hadn't even a clue of how to defend themselves from your filth.

i loved reading that shit.

you were very offensive and usually always stood on the side of sane/balanced/well thought out - even if your communication style left people stunned.

now? you're drilling some sissy point home about what i-can't-tell, but the message of this post didn't even really ask for all your wand waving.

but here you are.

impressing some lady.

is she bad?

i hope she's bad.
182332, yeah, the only reason to disagree with these BSC losers
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 11:26 PM
is to get laid.

that's it.

182333, simple disagreeance? you are dedicated to making him 'look bad'
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Nov-11-15 11:31 PM
or placing him in a certain 'light'.

why the crusade?

everybody know legsdiamond spends too much time typing about everything.

you're making it easy for him to type about how silly you look about it all.
182334, DONT SAVE HIM, HE DONT WANNA BE SAVED!!!
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-12-15 10:40 AM
182335, I have no idea why you think you understand my motivation
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Nov-12-15 03:10 PM

182336, that I was up early this morning? not sure what else you can infer there
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Nov-11-15 10:49 PM

182337, lol
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 04:00 PM
182338, LMAO what??? ITWAN
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Wed Nov-11-15 04:14 PM
"I'm not comfortable with her behavior," said Kim Pentico of the National Network to End Domestic Violence. "What I am absolutely not willing to say is she's committed domestic violence without speaking with him and learning more about that relationship."
182339, He may have hit her too
Posted by ndibs, Wed Nov-11-15 04:53 PM
Or first. She may not be eager to put that out there being that her image is the strongest, toughest woman in the world.
182340, I think that would do more for image
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-11-15 04:58 PM
If dude hit her first.

if thats what happened she shoulda put that in there.
182341, Nah look at Rihanna
Posted by ndibs, Wed Nov-11-15 05:12 PM
Her image definitely took a hit during that time and her image isn't as the toughest woman in the world.
182342, who did Rhianna beat up?
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 05:49 PM
182343, people bite when they're scared (c) Paul Mooney
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Nov-12-15 02:20 PM
and supposedly she's the one with the bite marks on her.
182344, If this was a (pro/amateur) fighter she did this to....
Posted by Crash85, Wed Nov-11-15 05:15 PM
Then other people's comparisons to Rice and Floyd aren't valid...

definitely not saying it's ever ok to hit your partner, but a fighter attacking another fighter is a lot different than a pro athlete attacking a professional shopper...
182345, I'll agree with that point
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-11-15 05:56 PM
182346, i dunno...if a male fighter beat her up nobody would bring that up
Posted by gumz, Thu Nov-12-15 09:29 AM
182347, Oh, now we need to see patterns? Call it like it is. Ronda is abusive..
Posted by Kira, Wed Nov-11-15 11:20 PM
>Ronda Rousey wrote in "My Fight, Your Fight" that she slapped
>her boyfriend across the face "so hard my hand hurt," "punched
>him in the face with a straight right, then a left hook," and
>then "grabbed him by the neck of his hoodie, kneed him in the
>face" and threw him onto the kitchen floor.

She whooped his ass GOTDAMN. At the very least assault charges should be filed.

>"I'm not comfortable with her behavior," said Kim Pentico of
>the National Network to End Domestic Violence. "What I am
>absolutely not willing to say is she's committed domestic
>violence without speaking with him and learning more about
>that relationship."

Domestic violence is a serious issue and Pentico's statements distract from the issue by turning it into fuel for other people with malicious agendas. Her response to this comes across as disrespecting people that suffer from abusive partners.

>In fact, Rousey has become a bit of a heroine on the subject,
>as she was lauded for calling out noted domestic abuser Floyd
>Mayweather. After she won an award for "Best Fighter" from
>ESPN, Rousey said, "I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a
>woman for once." It was a brave and impactful statement levied
>against a man who has gone to jail for domestic violence. But
>then a passage in Rousey's own book got no real scrutiny.
>
>Have we been too tough on Rice? Too easy on Rousey?
>
>
>"I fully accept my bias," Pentico said. "A well-trained,
>well-toned, football player cold-cocked his fiancée and
>dragged her out of an elevator without any emotion. It was an
>assault. It was a violent, blood-curdling assault. If that was
>my daughter, I would lose my mind.
>
>"I own that there's a double standard here," Pentico
>continued. "Until the tables turn in our society, it is going
>to be that way."
>
>Pentico explained, "a woman's fear of a man is different from
>a man's fear of a woman." And that is true in almost all
>cases. Men don't fear being sexually assaulted, or attacked as
>they walk down the street at night, or drugged in a bar.
>Physical violence and sexual violence are closely linked for
>women, and not nearly as much for men.

It's worse with Ronda because Ronda is trained to actually hurt people permanently. She's a world class athlete so technically she needs to receive as much media scorn as everyone else.

I'm legit trying to figure out how Ronda is not in jail right now. Any MMA practitioner gets into a fight and uses a move to inflict harm and they risk extra jail time off GP. Ronda's days of shitting on Floyd for domestic violence just ended. Floyd has issues and needs help along with Ronda.
182348, This bullshit right here....
Posted by Seven, Thu Nov-12-15 12:10 AM
>"I own that there's a double standard here," Pentico
>continued. "Until the tables turn in our society, it is going
>to be that way."
>

lolol
As long as people "own" these double standards shit will never change. The tables will never turn. What sense does turning the tables make anyway? It's about shit being equally wrong and consequences and stigma being the same regardless of gender.
The quote might as well have been " fuck this shit. Yeah women can abuse men and get away with it. Deal with it".

Almost reminds me of a local gender equality/ anti gbv activist I know laughing at a Facebook post years ago about a woman beating up a man after he proposed to her in public (the corniest of acts imo). I called her out in the post and she was like...."yeah you're right ". Smh
182349, We are in the Bizarro Age
Posted by supablak, Thu Nov-12-15 12:16 AM
s.blak
Shame On Her/Him/Them Keep Yr Hands To Yrself
182350, That we are
Posted by Seven, Thu Nov-12-15 12:18 AM
182351, I really hate it. NOTHING ADDS UP TO ANYTHING BUT CUTE
Posted by supablak, Thu Nov-12-15 12:26 AM
niggas (all of 'em...white, black, etc.) are just hell bent on peeing on every bodies leg, breaking the 4th wall, telling the people getting pee'd on that it's raining, then peeling out in a Tesla on a iPhone 12 with an Asian Ghetto Bitch gagging on their cawk.

So fucking lame.

s.blak
Triple Double Outrage Standards
182352, Lol
Posted by Seven, Thu Nov-12-15 12:36 AM
182353, LOL
Posted by lfresh, Thu Nov-12-15 03:29 PM

~~~~
~~~~
182354, lol
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Nov-12-15 06:13 PM
182355, He took nude photos of her without her knowing
Posted by boyd, Thu Nov-12-15 03:49 AM
that is violation Uno Numero
182356, Where does spitting on a person rank in violations?
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-12-15 07:02 AM
182357, this part is confusing...was she sleep or something?
Posted by gumz, Thu Nov-12-15 09:30 AM
not that it matters but it's an odd detail to the story. i guess that's why she calls him creepy whateverness though.
182358, Two words -- 5 syllables. Cauliflower Ear.
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Nov-12-15 08:01 AM
182359, Double plat!!! I would like to thank Capt. Capeman aka rjcc....
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-12-15 10:39 AM
for his contributions to this post...

without his 125 post exposing his foolishness none of this would have been possible.

May baby Jesus and Black Santa bless him with a new futon and a lifetime subscription to the Lifetime channel.

#Hoestep!!

182360, So who's actually defending the violent woman Ronda Rousey?
Posted by Case_One, Thu Nov-12-15 01:25 PM
Why isn't there some kind of OUTRAGE. Why hasn't she lost her sponsors and support?
182361, start the movement, brother case.
Posted by Mike Jackson, Thu Nov-12-15 02:09 PM
182362, Man people don't want truth. They want safe hypocrisy and Empire.
Posted by Case_One, Thu Nov-12-15 03:33 PM
Plus everyone is smarter than the next person and their armchair is cozier too.
182363, people are retarded
Posted by MiracleRic, Thu Nov-12-15 02:38 PM
"but was he hurt?"

"but maybe he hit her first"

it's like they immediately turn into the people they were previously attacking...

this is why i'm just gonna stick with my apathy cause everyone is an idiot to me now
182364, lot of wisdom here
Posted by veritas, Thu Nov-12-15 03:24 PM
182365, ^^^ Baby Sitter's Club
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Thu Nov-12-15 03:53 PM
182366, I could have sworn abuse is abuse folks.
Posted by ThaAnthology, Thu Nov-12-15 04:28 PM
Everybody got agendas here and the funniest partis most of the bickering ain't even about the post! Violence toward a loved one is effed up and wrong. Male or female.

Sometimes I think ya'll just want to argue w/ each other.
182367, I was looking for the LIKE button for this comment... LOL
Posted by Case_One, Thu Nov-12-15 05:35 PM

182368, I have no idea what RJCC is defending or arguing about and
Posted by ShinobiShaw, Thu Nov-12-15 05:23 PM
Dude lost it in this post.
Which is funny I think I'm on his side as I'm anti-MRA but what the fuck is he arguing about lol.
182369, there is no argument
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Nov-12-15 06:03 PM
because the discussion isn't about what happened.

it's about what rousey said about floyd, and people trying to play gotcha, while lying about their own behavior

182370, Enhale the L and try again in another post...
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-12-15 06:14 PM
Shit is embarrassing
182371, dude, stop imagining me breathing softly along your cheek
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Nov-12-15 06:19 PM
it's never gonna happen between us, no matter how much you stalk my pics.

I'm sure you're a lovely guy beyond being a shitty person and there's someone out there for you.

it's just not me.

182372, LOL.. still playing the gay angle?
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-12-15 06:41 PM
182373, I don't know why you're so obsessed with how I look and my pics
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Nov-12-15 06:44 PM
I assume it's a sexual urge, but maybe you'd just like to be me.

again, I am flattered but really, being you is good enough.

182374, Exactly.
Posted by Cenario, Thu Nov-12-15 06:46 PM

>Which is funny I think I'm on his side as I'm anti-MRA but
>what the fuck is he arguing about lol.

Now you are part of the babysitters club I think
182375, http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2015/11/12/ronda-rousey-domestic-violence-autobiography/75652260/
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-12-15 06:33 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2015/11/12/ronda-rousey-domestic-violence-autobiography/75652260/

Domestic abuse is a vicious and violent crime that can never be tolerated, no matter the circumstances or the person committing it.

That includes Ronda Rousey.

Jason da Silva, USA TODAY Sports

Ronda Rousey details in her autobiography how she assaulted an unnamed ex-boyfriend.
The MMA star has largely gotten a pass for a violent encounter with an ex-boyfriend that she recounted in her autobiography published earlier this year. The incident occurred after Rousey confronted the ex-boyfriend, who she identifies only as “Snappers McCreepy,” about nude photos he’d taken of her, photos she worried would be leaked to the public just as her career was taking off.

“I slapped him across the face so hard my hand hurt,” Rousey wrote.

The ex-boyfriend doesn’t respond physically, but he blocks the door and refuses to move when Rousey tries to leave.

“I punched him in the face with a straight right, then a left hook. He staggered back and fell against the door,” Rousey wrote. “… I slapped him with my right hand. He still wouldn’t move. Then I grabbed him by the neck of his hoodie, kneed him in the face and tossed him aside on the kitchen floor.”
Rousey goes on to write that the ex-boyfriend jumped in her car and, when he wouldn’t get out, she hauled him out by the neck of his sweatshirt and left him writhing on the sidewalk.

USA TODAY
Meet the last woman to defeat Ronda Rousey

Granted, Rousey’s ex-boyfriend sounds like a bottom-feeder of the lowest order. But if a male athlete — heck, any man — had described an incident like this, had reacted with a rage this extreme, the outrage would have been swift and severe. And rightly so.

So why not the same for Rousey

Until Eric Adelson of Yahoo! Sports raised the question earlier this week, ahead of Rousey’s title fight Saturday with Holly Holm, the incident with the ex-boyfriend didn’t even raise eyebrows, let alone an outcry.

Is it because she’s a fighter, and it’s assumed that violence in the ring is bound to spill over into everyday life? Imagine the uproar if Floyd Mayweather’s lengthy record of domestic abuse was excused that way. (Irony of ironies, Rousey ridiculed Mayweather and his abusive history at the ESPYs in July, two months after her autobiography was released.)

Is it because she’s attractive and has become a marketing gold mine? Ask any domestic violence expert, and they’ll tell you looks and economic status are irrelevant in abuse cases. Abusers come in every shape, size, color and socioeconomic status.
Or is it because she’s a woman?

If the NFL’s domestic abuse crisis has done anything, it’s shown how woefully outdated society’s views are. It’s not a “family matter” best to be dealt with behind closed doors, or an argument that simply got out of hand.

It’s a crime, and it’s not only committed by men.

According to a 2010 study by the Centers for Disease Control, one in seven men have experienced “severe physical violence by an intimate partner.” Most of those perpetrators were female.
The only way to make real progress with domestic violence is to treat it like the crime that it is, without any excuses or exceptions. By dismissing any instance of abuse, Rousey’s included, we diminish them all.
182376, I love how it's "gotten a pass" instead of "no one has read this book"
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Nov-12-15 06:38 PM
>The ex-boyfriend doesn’t respond physically, but he blocks the door and refuses to move when Rousey tries to leave.

that's potentially false imprisonment/kidnapping.

we still only have one side of the story, but pretending like the evidence as it's told would result in criminal charges against rousey makes it obvious what the agenda is

182377, Yeah we have one side, the abusers side you ass hat
Posted by Cenario, Thu Nov-12-15 06:44 PM
You are looking for the victims side to absolve the absuer?
182378, hitting a criminal who is in the process of committing a crime
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Nov-12-15 06:49 PM
is not necessarily abuse.

this isn't even actually a question.

It's weird how quick the opinions here have changed on what we believe about abusers though. It's almost like there's some weird reason why right now today y'all are in a hurry to pull the card.

182379, Shoulda just referenced post 83 fam
Posted by Cenario, Thu Nov-12-15 06:53 PM
182380, have we heard one side?
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Nov-12-15 07:13 PM
we're still getting new details from this book that no one has cared to actually read

182381, oh are we still unironically asking where the outrage is?
Posted by GriftyMcgrift, Thu Nov-12-15 11:51 PM
sweet!
182382, in a male patriarchal society. She even
Posted by eclipsedInI, Thu Nov-12-15 11:56 PM