Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjecton: self pub in 2015
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=181714&mesg_id=181866
181866, on: self pub in 2015
Posted by imcvspl, Mon Dec-29-14 01:27 PM
so i've been flirting with self pub for a minute and it looks like 2015 may be the year i take the leap. i actually met with a publisher about a book i had and was completely turned off by the fact that they were more concened with my social media profile than my actual writing. i'm too old and got too many dependents to do the hoop jumping. so self pubbing seems like the best way to keep me from putting yet another idea on a shelf.

but i want to do it right... i'm just wondering how to be effective at it in away that addresses the concerns here. i don't want to isolate myself from the broader sf community. i do want to subvert it with quality that deals with our issues tactfully. so i'm just going to take this year to keep the pen working, but not just that ensure that what i'm writing is actually getting out there.

i was actually inspired by the fact that nebula recognized a self pub author and feel that ultimately that's my goal. i guess the question is what are the things i need to be careful of to get me closer to that goal.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."