Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI probably should have explained
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=181714&mesg_id=181826
181826, I probably should have explained
Posted by imcvspl, Mon Jul-28-14 07:34 AM
that the framework of the book in question is that it is an actual book from the future written by an author who is a woman, despite the fact that the author (in our present time) of the book is a male. And it's meant to be a stylized historical count for which this woman author was specifically chosen to provide a proper 'context'. All of this of course coming from the pen of a man however slants a socio-political agenda on the writing which stereotypical or not has to be taken into account. Particularly as it makes itself apparent in the book, where you're thinking is this how a woman would really feel (in the future) or is this clear evidence of a man writing behind two female buffers (the main female lead and the future author of the book who is also female) to express how he feels about women in the future.

Having finished it, I'd say it's a pretty solid book, but there are more than a few moments where these questions arise.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."