Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectdope
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=181714&mesg_id=181807
181807, dope
Posted by imcvspl, Tue Jun-10-14 01:32 PM
>i think i will.

I been spinning it in my head for a minute and have some things I can throw at you below. But just a note, I'm more and more serious about the second paragraph in post #53. I'm going to be updating there in a bit with how that type of targeted approach would work. All this stuff we're doing in house may count but literally it doesn't mean shit to the SFWA and that's the reason we've had so much trouble getting those alternate perspectives.

>i already got some ideas on how to spin it, etc.
>
>worried a bit about how to to not have it be too explicit.
>maybe she puts asterisks in her thought balloons, b/c she
>sensitive like that, when she walk past a dude thinking, LOL,
>DIE NI&&ERB*TCH!!!

My thought was not to do it from her perspective, but to take it from the investigators perspective. I really liked that aspect of what you initially wrote, in terms of the geo pattern. So there's a trail to find. The racial aspect doesn't even have to be noticable for a grip. All these other alternate theories. Trying to connect the victims, but ultimately the trail leading the investigator to the girl.

My shit would have been the investigator goes out on a whim alone and actually finds the girl. But she's in disbelief in her head, like there's no way this __________ could have been responsible. Then the girl says in her head "oh yeah' and offs the officer so in that moment you get the motive, but it just ends there.

The bulk of the story being at how everyone is in denial that the victims could have possibly done anything wrong. I was actually thinking the girl would like write their thoughts on them like scarred on their forehead. So Little old white lady with "dumb ni**er" written on her forehead/ Her neighbors saying stuff like 'no she's not black, i don't think she even knows any black people."

LOL!!

Twisting it all around.

>i thought about it. there are lots of ways you could murk
>folks with finely tuned PK powers. matter of fact, my boys
>started on this topic kind of randomly and it just resonated
>b/c i'd had this idea not too long ago, so i floated the plot
>and they were like, yeah, do that.

Only caution I'd make is try not to make her too powerful. Powerful yes but not undefeatable so that it's not about her power but more about who she is.

>i think it would say a lot about our society.
>
>the few times i click on yahoo or youtube comments i legit say
>to myself, 'why am i wading through poison, again?'
>
>that'd be terrible to deal with that on the daily. the
>emotional callous thick enough to not randomly stab ppl would
>need to be mad thick.

It needs to be wrote.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."