Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectOkay so I read Inheritance Trilogy Omnibus
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=181714&mesg_id=181796
181796, Okay so I read Inheritance Trilogy Omnibus
Posted by imcvspl, Sun May-03-15 07:42 PM
I started about a month and a half ago. I was into it through the first couple hundred pages. But then it started feeling daunting mostly because of her style. So I was picking up other books on the side. I'd still find myself wanting to go back but couldn't really hang in for too long without taking a break.

What's interesting in the short they ad at the end 'Awakened Kingdom" is that she uses her character to talk to the critics of her style. It's interesting because it works and really highlights that it's not some literary choice, but meant to be the voice of the chcaracters themselves who are telling the story.

Over all it is really good. I would say that while in hindsight I can see how the style of voice makes sense and in many ways is beautiful, while I was reading it it was hard to get through. I'd get to points where it was clear wow there's another hundred fifty pages of this one perspective before it all gets resolved. There are so many rich chartars in each of these stories but you're just limited to the one point of view. Thankfully all of the resolutions deliver, and ultimately they all connect to each other in an aazing work of world building. But after reading over 1000 pages I only saw that world through three (and a bonus) sets of eyes.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."