Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectLOL I take it all back
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=181714&mesg_id=181781
181781, LOL I take it all back
Posted by imcvspl, Sun Oct-12-14 12:57 AM
I don't think I realized how powerful the world building was until I was ready to cop book two and realized it was going to be taking place back in this world. The main character is really rich in part because of her travels in the first book which gave a background which tied her both completely in the AI field while almost equally human in her uniqueness. Because of it she got this perspective on the world which she lives n that allows the reader to understand all the nunaces of social cues.

In the first book this is restrained because she;s still 'fitting in' socially, but going into the second book she is in essence liberated and the world which has been established will take on such new meaning.

At least that's what I'm hoping.

But it's major with regard to this topic because it is an author who has created a character which can navigate through the social politics of the established world in a way twhich better gives the reader a beautiful view of how social orders play out. It's kinda brilliant.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."