Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subject1, I thought it was DZ at first given the personal nature
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=181471&mesg_id=181658
181658, 1, I thought it was DZ at first given the personal nature
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Nov-19-15 02:43 PM
of her tantrum

2, what’s this “out of respect for her for being a woman” nonsense?
No. Her tirade deserved no respect. She deserved no respect from me.
I initially intended to edit the header when I realized it wasn’t DZ and that it was likely a woman given the screen name, but I chose to keep it when I realized that my only real reasoning for editing that part boiled down to not wanting to deal with the hordes of people who would likely react in horror because you’d choose to see it falsely as some poor defenseless woman who was just walking along her merry path when a big bad wolf ran in to beat her to a pulp.

Being a woman did not give her a pass for her tantrum and she deserved the exact response she got and it was STILL much tamer than her tirade toward me, so fuck it. I left that in.

What’s the logic, aside from traditionalism and a dated, arrogant view that women are weak, fragile creatures who will turn to dust at the slightest negative word from a man, to support the notion that her being a woman should have protected her from a response to her wildly baseless and personal response to me?

EDIT: why exactly should her being a woman afford her additional respect a man would not get for saying the same things under the same circumstances?

The words stand on their own, regardless of gender.

Can you articulate a reason why you are policing me when I was the one on the receiving end of a far angrier and unhinged tirade than the two lines I gave her?