Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectDude.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=181195&mesg_id=181245
181245, Dude.....
Posted by denny, Wed Nov-18-15 05:48 AM
I've said several times on these boards, in several threads.....the greatest social justice issue in America is drug-related incarceration rates for black/latino people. I'm more passionate about this issue than any other in terms of modern civil society. You've got the wrong one. The only reason I'm even up right now is because I'm taking care of a newborn baby who's mother is black and is currently in jail for drug-mule charges. A case for which I was a character witness in the attempt to lessen her sentence. So you can kinda fuck off.

But I'm not going to dismiss the struggles of millions of white Americans who also suffer the consequences of the drug war and addiction. Much less, actively wish them harm......or blame them for the plight of black/latino prisoners/addicts. And that's exactly what people were doing in that thread.

I empathize with everyone involved in this drug war mess.....while acknowledging that black and latino people suffer more consequences than any other demographic. You empathize with black victims while expressing contempt for those who are white. So it's clear as day that YOU are the one with an empathy deficit in this matter. I am not the one who has said 'fuck them' in reference to drug addicts.