Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectIt's simple.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=181195&mesg_id=181243
181243, It's simple.
Posted by denny, Wed Nov-18-15 04:51 AM
If you see a white person strung out on heroin and say to yourself 'Fuck that guy. I hope he rots in prison'. And you are motivated to say that because of some sort of misguided attempt for vindication of racial misjustices involving the war on drugs......you're racist.

I would presume that you don't say something like that to yourself if you take a second to reflect on it. But who knows? Maybe you do. Maybe you're racist.

I go to NA meetings with lots of black people. Many of them have been in jail. When a white person from a wealthy background joins our group (it happens).....the black people don't say 'fuck that guy. I hope he dies in prison'. They treat him like everybody else. Cause really, the only people who would project that type of baggage on a person so far removed from actual culpability for those unjust circumstances hasn't suffered from addiction or criminality in the first place. It's the kind of thing that comes from sheltered little brats who really have no business aligning themselves with the struggle that REAL and ACTUAL victims of the racialized drug war experience.