Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI appreciate the honesty and self examination.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=180395&mesg_id=180547
180547, I appreciate the honesty and self examination.
Posted by liger_trainer, Fri Dec-04-15 01:35 PM
Keep in mind, the clothes someone wears has absolutely no bearing on how they practice their religion and is only an indicator of what clothes they chose to wear.

I know Muslims that wear hijab, or have long beards and wear kufi and regularly drink and go to clubs/strip clubs, etc. Lots of people wear no traditional clothing and are the most pious and knowledgeable people out there.

It's hard, as a Muslim, to have some dickheads putting these images in folks minds. Especially here, in the US. It's one thing when it's "over there", but when people start thinking - oh what about my neighbors? Do I need to be afraid of them?

The reality, is that you have a higher risk of dying in a car accident on your way to/from work. Yet, people continue living their lives and be as safe as they can be.

That's about all you can do. Live your life and be safe.

You can never stop an individual from killing, if they aren't advertising it online, ahead of time. Regardless of their beliefs or race.

How do you stop kids from fighting at school? You can't.
How do you stop corner store stick-ups? You can't.
Etc.

People are going to keep being people.