Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectone glaring thing being overlooked from the OP
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=179829&mesg_id=179985
179985, one glaring thing being overlooked from the OP
Posted by Mr. ManC, Thu Dec-24-15 09:13 PM
scripture I think adds a lot of context that is not being appreciated for context:

"And behold, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son, and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren. 37 For nothing will be impossible with God." 38 And Mary said, "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her."

Dont overlook 1. That Mary's cuzzo was Elizabeth, and her being with child was basically a miracle, one her and her husband desperately prayed for. Mary knew of this news for 6 months before Gabriel stepped to her with what I still see as a proposition.

It's not rape because as a devout Hebrew woman her and many generatioms before had been waiting for the Messiah, so for an angel to step up on some "I Choose You" with Willie Hutch in the background, her faith already gave consent. This was laid in the ground work since Genesis, and then God came down and blessed Elizabeth, and Mary heard. It's much less creepy when you think of it from the perspective of a people waiting on their savior, and not on some Maury who's the daddy steez.

$0.02