Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI initially had a Caseone reaction.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=179829&mesg_id=179971
179971, I initially had a Caseone reaction.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Dec-24-15 09:06 AM
and said I wouldn't touch this post...but of course curiosity got the best of me.

I am glad I did because the exercise of thinking it through allows me to get to a good answer and strengthen my conviction. I think the strongest opinions are the ones that survive intense scrutiny.

Anyway, I think there are three strong answers.

1. There was no rape because there was no sex. It's a technical answer and doesn't address whether there was a violation of her body against her will but you can't have rape without sex of physical contact.

2. I think the strongest answer is that there was consent per the verse cited above.

3. Good is omniscient, so he knew Mary was down. Same way if I unexpectedly threw my wife on the bed, and strip her clothes off and we did it and she loved it. I know my wife, I know what she likes. I knew she would enjoy it, so it's all good. Same with God and Mary. Like someone said above, if Mary wasn't down, he wouldn't have selected her in the first place.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"