Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectRE: Slightly OT, but I wasn't gifted at ALL as an athlete
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=176461&mesg_id=176582
176582, RE: Slightly OT, but I wasn't gifted at ALL as an athlete
Posted by TRENDone, Fri Nov-20-15 02:28 PM
>Do y'all think I can even get into a decent 16-18 year old
>level of skill, even if my athleticism ain't what it was then?
>I'm way stronger, but just way, way way out of shape.

you won't jump as high, your lateral movement won't be as quick, but you'll be a smarter bball player compared to when you were younger.

i went back to college at 30. i lived by the gym. i didn't have a job so i spent a lot of time going to the gym to shoot by myself or play pick-up. 3-5 days a week. sometimes i'd play in the morning and evening. i got into the best shape of my life, no 6-pack, but i didn't have the same energy like i did in my 20s.

the hardest thing about hooping in your 30s is your body recovering after 1+ hours of playing.

i'm a better baller in my 30s compared to my 20s and teens because i worked on my funds and play smarter now. i took a bball class at a junior college last summer. 2 hours a day, 4 days a week, 6 weeks. i got in pretty good shape but after 1 month of no activity, it's hard for me to get back into summer shape...but everybody's body types and dedication is different.