Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectRE: I walked out on American Hustle partly because of loud popcorn eater
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=172069&mesg_id=172128
172128, RE: I walked out on American Hustle partly because of loud popcorn eater
Posted by howisya, Wed Jan-15-14 01:01 PM
last movie i went to--which was that one--there was a chorus of people behind me unwrapping and crinkling (outside food and drink) plastics at the beginning of the movie that for a few short minutes was louder than the movie itself.

phones aren't the only issue. babies and toddlers were discussed last fall. there's also something i find at a lot of movies where people, often sitting in the middle of a row, are constantly getting up and coming back during the movie. i'll take that over the glowing phones or people talking, but it's all annoying. i remember back in the day it was kids who had the reputation of ruining a movie experience, but i find it's usually adults behaving badly. of course, it doesn't help that smartphones have infantilized most of us.