Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectRE: I love the idea of shooting people for talking and texting during movies.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=172069&mesg_id=172080
172080, RE: I love the idea of shooting people for talking and texting during movies.
Posted by howisya, Mon Jan-13-14 11:32 PM
this made the national news earlier tonight, and the man killed was texting his daughter during the previews. some would probably say it was only the previews, not the movie. besides the fact that a lot of us are actually interested in the trailers, by that point, the lights have already dimmed, so those cell phone screens are really bright. according to the reports, the man was making noise on top of that. people who text during previews usually continue to text and take and make calls during the movie as well. second, i'm sure some would be quick to defend him because he was texting his daughter. the people who text at the movies no doubt are constantly communicating with loved ones, be they significant others, parents, or offspring. it's still not the time and place for phone use. let this be a lesson to those who do this: one day your rude behavior is going to be countered by someone else's psychopathic behavior. this man, who carried on and fought back, had his luck run out today.