Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjecthey now, you ain't say all that originally...LOL but I see what you're
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=163617&mesg_id=163702
163702, hey now, you ain't say all that originally...LOL but I see what you're
Posted by Fishgrease, Thu Nov-17-11 06:53 PM
saying but seldom do muhphuckas have kids and not intend on being with the mother/father. Life is full of obstacles and sadly staying in love isn't one of those things you can easily jump over.

They had a child, their relationship didn't work out and for all intents and purposes they are seemingly cordial for the sake of the child. Mom remarries, starts a new family unit per se. Step Dad set a few standards for how HIS home and everyone in it is gonna act/dress yada yadda. I don't have a problem w/that AT All.

The message that the stepdad conveyed is cool, it's his approach/manner of how he got it across is more or less the issue.

Hell it would probably be cool if both men sat down and the step dad said during the school week Mon-Thursday, " i want DJ Poke,Jr. to wear this that and what not, and on the fridays that you pick him I'll let him wear the lil' Lebron gear or whatever have you.

Don't for a second discredit the step dads role or authority in this. You may be buying clothes and man-man's weekend getaways but that stepdad is providing a home and at the end of the day, his house rules have to be respected and followed.