Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectYeah I get what you're saying. And it's very unfortunate.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=155676&mesg_id=156327
156327, Yeah I get what you're saying. And it's very unfortunate.
Posted by daryloneal, Fri Sep-28-12 02:46 PM
At the same time I understand where that particular guy was coming from. Hell, I give compliment to men too. Because in my mind, if I'm thinking something nice, I just HAVE to say it. Otherwise, in a twisted way I feel like I'm hating on you, like "yeah, I'm thinking something nice but I don't want to tell you".

I gave a guy a compliment on his car at a gas station once. It was a red camaro or something with big rims. He hopped out and I like was like "dude, your car is sick". He was like "Thanks yo! My boys give me a hard time cause it's red but I like it! lol" I'm like "no doubt, no doubt". So he actually felt somewhat validated by my compliment.

So contrary to the belief of some earlier in the post, men do talk to other men too. I'll give a dude a compliment on his suit or shoes in a minute. That's just me. If I'm thinking something nice, it seems that the person derserves to hear it. In hindsight, maybe it is selfish to assume that someone actually wants to hear what I have to say. But hey, that's the chance I take.