Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subject9 years
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=14436&mesg_id=14436
14436, 9 years
Posted by Inez, Tue Apr-20-04 12:41 AM
1995, maybe 1994, i dropped out of high school. it just wasnt my thing, i was always having family problems i was drinking a lot, doing a lot of drugs had run away from home... long story short, when i dropped out i went straight to community college for one reason only: i was pissed that everyone was telling me that i would never return to school, get a good job or amount to anything.
a few more longs stories made even shorter... i left college, came back, left again, took a class here and there... dealt with a lot of shit and went to chicago. that was a pretty trying experience but a necessary one because i realized i needed to do something. so i went back to school.
now, i have two learning disorders and it a big problem with listening to other people. i refuse to take medication - all it really did for me was make me feel drugged. no one tells you that things like that can be managable without drugs. so i returned in - what was it will ? - 1999?

i almost quit too many times to count, i declared a few majors before deciding to do art - i found out that i love graphic design and photography - and struggggled. tons of money problems, problems with my professor getting weird on me, etc etc. i thought after all the drama that this last semester was going to be cake. hah. checking my dad into rehab, getting in a car accident, a bunch of stuff, i totally wanted to give up.

so now all i got to say is

HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh

fuck everyone who told me in 1995 that id never do anything or finish school, fuck everyone along the way who made things hard because they only made me stronger! i thought that shit was cliche as hell but it is only because its true.

that's all.

sign here if you are graduating this year have a 'fuck you' to say to someone or a few people, or hell if you just accomplished something that felt impossible.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i feel like i can live a life now who's buying me a ketel one and tonic at the re:?

ooops now i better go updated the site sorry kebbbbny