Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectArsenio Hall
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=131953&mesg_id=133122
133122, Arsenio Hall
Posted by 15, Sat Oct-25-08 02:34 PM
funny cause whenever i drive down sunset towards gower people always ask me why do i make a right then a left then another left before the block that im supposed to make a simple left to chicken and waffle heaven. and my reason for the scenic route never makes sense to them.

i always like driving past the paramount lot 29 site of the Arsenio Hall show. on a family trip to cali in july of 1990 i stood in line for like....sheeesh 6 hours to barely get it. but all the celebs i saw go in and out of the studio lot mesmerized me and somehow that along with the constant rotation of cube's amerikkka's most and tribe's travels album had basically set the course in motion.

i saw my future name bestower sheryl lee ralph and also soul train's own lou ski carr drive through. i saw all the members of "the posse". ---i remember warren beatty as a guest (dick tracey) and i also remember a warner bros. rep giving out prizes in line (i got the "jerk out" single from the time....which was an AWESOME surprise because i had 0 clue they were even reunited! and the shit sounded like it was made in 1982!!!---lol it was-----

i mean ive seen him on and off during the years (i went by the set of chapelle when they were shooting the "real black sheep"/arsenio wine and cheese/pitch and idea to dave bit) but that moment in 1990 set me up for life. kinda strange that i would not have a clue some years later just up the street from where i slept in line i would make a daily pit stop of chix and waffles on the way to the job....that was inspired....from standing in line just to the right....of gower.