Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectJeru
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=106770&mesg_id=106896
106896, Jeru
Posted by Deluge, Thu Jun-28-07 07:14 AM
late 90s, after he parted ways with premier but before that comicbook cover bullshit ass album. jeru's doing a show in eindhoven, the netherlands. now the hiphop scene there was quite small but everybody knew each other so the vibe was good. my boys are opening for him and we still had mad love for jeru cause of the albums he had dropped.

so we arrive at the venue and see this dude standing outside by the front door shaking everybody's hand. we get closer and its jeru. hes like good evening how you doing im jeru whats your name to literally everybody who walked in.

so my boys are like 2 songs in and jeru comes to check out the show from the side. hes boppin his head and shit. then later on backstage he comes up to us, so we're like dayum jeru checked out the show. dude comes up and goes OFF.

why yall rapping in english? what yall talking about? yall aint from no streets yall dont know hiphop i should punch yall

we're just standing there like wtf. then he goes like HOW MANY TIMES YALL GOT SHOT? mind you one of the cats from that group's brother just got shot not too long before that and dude had a stray bullet stuck in his chest. so hes like well i got a bullet right here. jeru looks like O_o and just walks off