Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectthanx...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=105355&mesg_id=105420
105420, thanx...
Posted by BlankStare, Thu May-10-07 11:34 AM
>1.) No matter how many times it's discussed, I always seem to
>come to the point of the word "homophobia" indicating some
>sort of fear. In YOUR opinion, is someone homophobic because
>they don't agree with every aspect of homosexual life, even if
>they support your right to live the way you choose to live?

it is a term used loosely, imo. i agree with the concept because people fear what they don't understand. and fear can breed other emotions...resentment, intolerance, hatred, etc. and i only have a problem when people try to disrupt or disrespect my life. my sister doesn't agree with my sexuality...but everyone has their own opinion and i don't try to force mine on her. i don't consider her homophobic. and even though i know she doesn't agree with my sexuality, she accepts me, loves me, and has often acted as a buffer between my parents and i.

>2.) Your love of women as opposed to men - was that a choice,
>or do you feel you were born that way? Elaborate on either
>answer...

i've always been a tomboy. i've only had one boyfriend, and he was like a best friend, not a boyfriend. we played ball together and played cards for pushups. he broke up with me after four months because he said i was gay...before i really knew myself. i mean, i'm able to find dudes attractive...but i have no desire to have any kind of sexual contact with them. i've never had sex with a man and never wanted to. so i would assume i was born gay. that whole debate is kind of irrelevant to me tho. the fact is i'm a lesbian.

>3.) Do you liken the struggle of being gay to the Civil Rights
>struggle (as it pertains to blacks being accepted by whites in
>the 60's)? If so, why? If not, why not?

people always wanna compare some shit. there are many similarities but i accept the differences. but discrimination is discrimination to me. point blank. and i'm in both of the struggles.