Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectRE: heterosexual privilege.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=105355&mesg_id=105418
105418, RE: heterosexual privilege.
Posted by kaleidoscopechile, Thu May-10-07 11:10 AM
I am sorry you have to go through what you have to go through. I am heterosexual..so perhaps I am unable to fully sympathize with your situation..but I try to teach my children about the diversity of our society..and surround them with people who express love in different ways..books like "King and King"..are incorporated equally with all other stories and tales...I accept..and hopefully my children will accept the diversity of the world..I know its hard now..but hopefully as people become more educated..and by persons like yourself sharing your story..perspectives will change..
My minister is a happily committed gay man..and I had the pleasure of attending his "wedding" ceremony..although it wasn't legal..we overrode the "rules" with joy and love that day..and I'm sure this sounds more happy and hopeful than the reality..but I really believe in the next generation..or two..people will be ashamed to be homophobic..or it will be something as embarrasing as being publically racist.