Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectCHRISTIANS WHO HATE ON BUSH DIRECTLY CONTRADICT THE BIBLE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=65579&mesg_id=65579
65579, CHRISTIANS WHO HATE ON BUSH DIRECTLY CONTRADICT THE BIBLE
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Sep-01-05 01:51 PM
u think God endorses christians hating on the government?
get real
jesus said "give ceasar things to ceasar"
now in the specific context that he was saying this he was referring to the jews paying a heavy tax levied by the romans
but still the general tone is that we as christians should be law abiding citizens and respect the authority of the government
jesus also alluded to this when one of them cats, paul i think, cut off the roman soldier ear
did jesus scream "revolution!!!!" and grab a sword and go to work?
uh,no. he healed the mans ear and allowed his self to be arrested
because he respected the authourity of the land for one AND the event was previously predicted to occur anyway (which ties in with what i say later)

another point which should be considered is the fact that a true christian should realize that a fair and just government will NEVER occur as long as imperfect man is the ruler of it
if u think i'm lying look in the history books and show me ONE government which was free of corruption and misdoings
it doesn't exist
therefore don't waste ur time fretting over situatins which are blatantly predicted in the bible
jesus said we will live in a time of lawlessness, corruption and wrong doing
and that certain events will signal the beginning of the end
that being the case, imo, it is futile to waste ur time and energy fighting a circumstance that is predicted to happen
that is exactly why i don't vote
what ever is going to happen
is going to happen
alot of ppl i know had hope in their hearts about the last elections
lmao
u can't stop what is destined to happen ock
somebody already outlined these precussors mad yrs ago
just fall back and stop hating on bush
it's not christian like