Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectOh, you sure told me.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=202186&mesg_id=202266
202266, Oh, you sure told me.
Posted by Novembersgift, Sun Mar-03-13 12:24 PM
>lets devote alot of time and energy to how you interpret
>compliments

I don't think it takes a lot of time and energy to think about how you interact with other people. You likely take the time to say excuse me when moving through a crowded space without thinking about it. I bet it takes more energy and thought to think about how to say something about someone's ass than it does to not say shit at all. But what's most important here is the fact that you're still talking about COMPLIMENTS when the first thing I said is that the problem is you (collective you) don't understand that a lot of this type of communication is not a compliment at all.

>nevermind that you stuffed yourself into those leggings and
>titty top....

Again, here's an example of someone trying to place the onus on women for what they wear instead of taking a modicum of responsibility for their own actions. I'm telling you that it doesn't matter what you wear -- you can be "stuffed in leggings and titty top" or covered head to toe in hijab or in sweats and a hoodie with your hair wrapped in a scarf. So where does the responsibility lie in those cases? Just stay inside then, eh? Don't ever suggest that someone exercise some thought and control over what they say to you just like you suggest women exercise thought and control over what they wear. Got it.

>you should only get attention from those you want it from
Thanks for illustrating my point. I clearly listed this retort as one of the defensive and accusatory ones hurled at women who honestly share about their experiences with street harassment. +100 for playing right along.

fucking *sigh*