Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectremember that scene in "white men can't jump"???
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=17675&mesg_id=17811
17811, remember that scene in "white men can't jump"???
Posted by morpheme, Sun Jan-18-04 10:40 AM
when rosie perez said she was thirsty & woody harrelson went to get her some water & the issue became that she was thirsty, not desirous of him gettin her some water???

it's sumthin like that

& sumtimes it's the issue of i'm tellin u sumthin & i want u to tell me sumthin specifically BACK {in the case u stated, "here's what's possible to make what u need happen", but usually we don't want that, well...sometimes we don't}

men think to fix, to act & when they can't see what they can do, they back away...it's not good nor bad it's just different...in my last relationship there were a number of situations like rosie & woody...he was totally a man & i was totally a woman, mars/venus, hera/zeus...but u learn, not how to be different, but how to gauge the sentiments of the person u're communicatin with

women don't want to feel as tho we're bein "solved"...but that's how men are gear'd to act...so u've got to say things along the line of, "i appreciate u're honesty in ur ability to find a solution to what seems to be an issue u'd like to be proficient in amendin for me, but at this time i'd just like to sound off on u" or "yeah, nigga...just *act* like u know, all right???"

women are used to gatherin their information before makin a decision {we're used to workin in groups}...men are used to strikin against a target of act {u all are gear'd towards instinct & action, & more solitary}

i think u shoulda just bought old girl a car

***does anyone remember on "soul food" {showtime} when that guy was like, "kenny, u ain't no BALLA!!!"??? that just came to mind...sorry***

¤no dessert¤