Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectnot really, den (and this applies to your roommate)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=171863&mesg_id=171940
171940, not really, den (and this applies to your roommate)
Posted by lonesome_d, Thu Mar-06-14 10:27 AM
you're a, what, 35 year old dude with kids.
You're a recovering addict with a lot of reasons to keep his life straight.

You really shouldn't be hanging around anyone who hangs around with drug dealers. 2 or 3 degrees of separation is 5 or 6 degrees too few.

You shouldn't be hanging around places that drug dealers hang out.

>my roommate's single....is a guy really gonna turn down the
>ass because she has a relative who sells coke?

If you go on a date with a girl and after a few great dates she tells you her brother deals. Okay, you're into it already. BUT DON'T HANG AROUND THE FUCKING BROTHER. Don't go where the brother goes. Avoid at all costs and make sure the chick does too, or else, yes, she goes. And if she's just a piece of ass, then hell yes, she goes earlier than that.

> That kinda
>criteria eliminates more than 50% of the women I know.
>
>And that's just how the bars are around here.

And this is what I mean... you've got to change your environment. Don't be in places, areas, settings where there's shit, because it's easy to step in shit by accident, and once you do it's hard to get it off.

I say this, not because you've got such insane musical talent (seriously, everything you've ever played for me has been amazing) but because Den I know you're a great guy who loves his kids more than anything. I can't understand in that situation why you do dumb shit... your kids are worth infinitely more than a piece of ass or a good time.

Unless you go
>to one of the college kid hangouts. But they're pricey and
>boring. We don't have to become monks 'just in case' we get
>involved with something. This is where we live. I've been
>damn good getting through life without getting in trouble and
>avoiding obstacles like this. Sometimes you don't have a
>choice.

You absolutely fucking do have a choice here.

>And I know if it happened to me....I would just keep my mouth
>shut,

except here you're talking about it and asking 'do we retaliate?' So I don't really believe you.

>. And planning to beat someone up cause they tried to
>kill you with a knife isn't childish imo.

Man, it's dangerous, stupid, and minus the knife part the epitome of high school behavior, but with way fucking more at risk. A grown responsible man gets attacked with a knife, he doesn't want to go a round with him, he wants that fucker put in jail. Let's say he kicks the kid's ass... what happens the kid presses charges, or the cops break up the fight? All of a sudden the cops see:
-a bigass former addict
-kicking some 20 year old's ass
-the 20 y.o. is a coke dealer
-whose stepsister the former addict guy is fucking
-which led to the fight

How's that look to human services?

You can justify shit all you want, Denny, but this is a series of bad choices that is not in the interest of your little group or your and his kids.

You want to talk about it, I'm glad to shoot you my cell number.