Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectim saying it was reasonable if not smart and not "wrong"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=168829&mesg_id=169294
169294, im saying it was reasonable if not smart and not "wrong"
Posted by MiracleRic, Wed Oct-02-13 01:09 PM
>i sincerely believe that the situation did not have to involve
>significant human injury.

i think the way the bikers approached this made it a ticking time bomb and i understand compassion but i don't have a lot for clear aggressors

>i sincerely believe that the rover was freaked. and freaked
>people do dumb shit. so it's best just not to freak.
>

i mean...freaking, panicking, is just too human a thing in these situations though...he should not have been in this situation...they put him there...he likely had kids and a woman in his car screaming with some dude going crazy out there...

>i have a tattoo on my arm that reads 'don't panic'.
>
>i live by that shit.
>

u can't expect everyone else to...and sometimes panic be necessary lol...u gotta kid stuck under a car...panic and she-hulk that shit over...

>the people typing about barreling over more and more bikes to
>do whatever, i think that shit is sick. bad humans, all of
>them.
>
>...

i'd rather be a bad human than a vulcan trying to keep my cool when it's practically zero chance of me coming out clean, safe, and unharmed...you limit someones options like that...they will react...and if they have a bigger weapon than you...they likely will do some unfortunate damage

>
>the trolling come in when i realized just how unpopular of an
>opinion i held, so i actively defended it.
>
>my first post was probably my first and most honest point.
>
>"you can't just run people over. "
>
>...

and in theory i agree...it's the "just" part that made it so problematic...he didn't "JUST" run some people over...he stopped, and was met with violence...and volatility...you can't expect very many people to not go into fight or flight mode...im surprised dude stopped as long as he did...it's one thing to keep your cool it's another to let others intimidate you and impose so much risk over you...it was a lot of them dudes out there and they were going ham...u can't talk down a right once that first molotov cocktail is thrown

>
>him doing that made a bad situation into a total irreparable
>situation.
>
>but everybody typing like he made no wrong moves.

"wrong"

is it wrong to mow down biker...yes...

is it wrong to mow down bikers who are clearly attacking you and yours....the context practically demanded action...not words...and he was left with very few...it was truly a lose-lose and they are just lucky nobody lost their life

edit: it's like asking if "self-defense" is wrong...
you don't get to dictate how they should perceive a threat and them bikers especially didn't get to...

zimmerman using self-defense as a cop-out = wrong and a real initial investigation would have likely proven that

but someone like this seeing a threat he didn't create out of thin air or obvious ill will...it's cut and dry unless the concept of self-defense is just that wrong to you