Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectmy 'i met questlove' story
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=120182&mesg_id=120291
120291, my 'i met questlove' story
Posted by Trace, Tue Oct-07-08 02:12 PM
i put this in the other post before i saw this one

the first time i saw the roots was in cincinnati
back when i was in college
this was 2001/2002
me & 3 friends

we got there waaaaaaay way early because we wanted good standin spots
so we standin out in the cold
some white boy comes down the street pointing back towards the corner and says: 'questlove is in that music store back there'
we like
'OH WORD?!'
& we scoot on off to the store

sure nuff, there he is, lookin for/at drumsticks
i was sooo star struck, and my poker face is terrible
in my heart im thinking 'OMG, THERE'S QUESTLOVE!!'
but in my head im like 'play it cool. look at the nice guitars displayed about the store.'
somewhere lines get crossed and my expression clearly says 'OMG LOOK AT THE GUITARS!!!!!!!11?!1'

questlove sees said expression, rolls his eyes and says,
'do yall come here often?'
i mean, come on!
as if three girls, one of whom is in unwalkable stilettos and the other of whom looks like she's never even seen musical instruments before
dont belong in a music store or something. talk about profiling!!

so, girl in the stilettos gives him something to sign, and he notices my shirt. it had a picture of gary coleman wearing a set of headphones and said 'sucka mc' beneath it

he says 'i like that shirt' or 'that's a nice shirt,' or something along those lines. i pointed to my other friend, since she'd gotten it for me as a gift. then we said somethin that made him laugh, & we left.

towards the end of the show quest lifts his drumsticks in the air and gives them the 'im abt to throw these into the crowd' shake. he sees us in the front row. he looks me in the eye. i smile big and point to my shirt, because he loved my shirt, so how cld he not give me the drumstick?? we bonded over gary coleman!

then he rolls his eyes at me, turns to my friend in the stilettos, and throws it to her.

wtf.

i still like him tho.

http://brokeymcpoverty.wordpress.com