Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI know the difference
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=111391&mesg_id=111491
111491, I know the difference
Posted by lovelyone80, Wed Dec-12-07 02:09 PM
and like I said before I don't think they are equal nor should be compared because the overall black experience is nothing like the overall gay experience. At all...the only similartity is the fight for acceptance. Gays were previously accepted in the roman and greek empire, then along came a wave of crusades and it was no longer okay. Minorities never had that general acceptance to lose. Blacks have for years fought for thier rights, in a variety of situations. The only right I see gays fighting for is the right to get married (which they should have). Other than what other rights are they fighting for? Now if I am wrong please excuse me, but this is what I see them fighting and picketing for. While for centuries we have fought for that PLUS more.
I dont see the experiences as equal or comparable overall. It's like apples and oranges, you can't compare the two. Yeah they are both fruit but that's about it.