Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectBET has announced that they will produce a documentary series
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=111240&mesg_id=111364
111364, BET has announced that they will produce a documentary series
Posted by poetx, Thu Nov-15-07 04:05 PM
entitled, 'When Niggasaurs Ruled The Earth', voiced over by Morgan Freeman and Michael Clarke Duncan. The groundbreaking (well, for BET) series will include stop motion animation and attempt to give viewers a feel for how things were in the Playaistocene Epoch.

The reaction to this news has been mixed, with some people actively anticipating the program, and others expressing concern that BET will handle this subject with the necessary sensitivity and scientific detachment of, say, the History or Discovery Channels.

Dr. Kaletra Baker, the head of the world's only African Dinosaur Studies Degree Programme, at Xavier University, had this to say:

"I approached Bob Johnson *years* ago about doing a show on dinosaurs and he said, 'B*tch, I don't give a f*ck about dinosaurs'. I found it incredibly rude and demeaning, but I did not want to be seen as trying to 'bring a brother down'. Now, however, that the Nigersaurus has been discovered, I fear that they will run roughshod over science only to glorify and exploit very common misconceptions about black dinosaurs, and I am deeply, deeply concerned. Look, they even got the title of the show wrong".

When asked about the misspelling of Nigersaurus in the promotional materials for the documentary series, BET associate producer Lando Davis said, "Mayne, we'll fix that up, don't worry 'bout it. Besides, they only paying $250 a week to our copyediting staff. Its a different economy", echoing the famous line from founder Bob Johnson.

A spokesperson for Viacom apparently stayed above the fray with a cryptic comment, "Mo money, mo money, MO money."

VVV - HELP a fellow OKP win $100k for his business! They need only 60 more clicks!

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=5366534&mesg_id=5366534

peace & blessings,

x.

=========================================
** i move a