Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectI went to Egypt this past winter
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=111122&mesg_id=111232
111232, I went to Egypt this past winter
Posted by TotalRequestloveLive, Sat Nov-10-07 01:55 AM
and I asked EVERYONE, were the people who built the pyramids black like in sudan, or did they look like you (arab). The overwhelming response was either one of confusion, vagueness, or sadly that they looked like present day arabianized Egyptians.

this all changed once I got down (up) to Aswan where the Nubian influence is so much stronger. They were all like IT WAS FUCKING THE BLACK MAN YOU BITCH AS MOTHAHFUCKEEEEWWWWSSS (c) RZA

I'm exagerating, but only there in Aswan did the people overwhelmingly say the black, africans were the pharoahes who built the shit.

HOWEVER... the blackness in Tuts's remains only has to do with age and preservatives. A lot of the chemicals turned the skin, and then it cured over millennium. So you can't rely on the skin color. The fucked up thing was that since the brain of the mummified was removed from the nose, all the mummies I say in person of like Rames II and shit, the nose was broken from this process so I couldn't see what the nose looked like. Figured that was going to be about as definative as we were going to get, but no dice. (the penis was covered up too.)

peace.
Total...