Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion Archives
Topic subjectyw. i be tryna drop a jewel or two. cuz folks will go at one little
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=111122&mesg_id=111192
111192, yw. i be tryna drop a jewel or two. cuz folks will go at one little
Posted by poetx, Thu Nov-08-07 11:59 AM
innaccuracy and try to dead the whole argument. like several years ago when time published that 'was cleopatra black?' article as pretense to clown the whole afrocentric movement. and lump a bunch of disparate folks together.

i would have sonned them on that by saying that she was one of the ptolemaic rulers, who were likely persian, and ruling after conquest. at best, she may have been of mixed blood, but she was not 'egyptian' by birth in the manner of those who traced the origins of the civilization upward from the sources of the nile. then i would have said, 'was hatshepsut black?'. and they would have shut the fuck up.

also, that's still very recent in egyptian history (tut, hatshepsut, akhenaten an nem). old kingdom (great pyramids, etc), was like, 3200 bc an shit. waaay back. and look at the surviving noses on THEM statues. them is REAL black. they off that good yaphet kotto black.

peace & blessings,

x.

=========================================
** i move away from the mic to breathe in