Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: Way to be a role model, Lupe.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=98828&mesg_id=98902
98902, RE: Way to be a role model, Lupe.
Posted by RP BEATS, Sat Jan-05-08 07:26 PM
>I'll recheck my facts on the Iran issue...but i saw that
>somewhere early in my research of his career...anyways
>whatever with politics at the end of the day on a national
>level...your vote on that level does NOT count...see Electoral
>College...unless a redistribution of the wealth and moneys
>made during slavery and the slave trade or an outlaw of the
>federal reserve system or a withdrawal of all U.S. Forces from
>soverign nations that no longer require their presence for
>security or an abolishment of the NSA and Homeland Security
>and U.S. funded terrorist organizations...then politics and
>democracy (which the real definition is "social equality" when
>was the last time u saw that ???) on national level is simply
>another reality show to keep u entertained and distracted
>while the REAL world powers get their plans in order to
>really fuck us over...Read some Chomsky and watch Zeitgeist
>the movie most of it ain't a bunch of bullshit...good night
>OKP...Thanx for all the online love on the album...
>
>Go God!!!

Here is what Rhymefest had to say about Lupe's comments

Quote:

Recently, a prominent Hip-Hop website asked an artist who they supported in the 2008 presidential primaries. Shockingly, their response was Hilary Clinton. Now, I'm not one to judge a person's political, religious or artistic views; however, the reasons that this artist gave were so ****ing erroneous and outrageous that it compels me to speak out, even if only to give fans the right information so that we are not following uninformed-ass rappers down the hole of 'abstract nothingness.'

First of all, the facts:
Barack Obama has stated he is not opposed to military action against Iran if they were persistent in their ambitions to obtain nuclear weapons; weapons being the operative word. However, he also states that as president, he plans to talk to Iran without preconditions about certain assurances in the context of them showing some good faith, as well. Barack Obama stated “I think it is important for us to send a signal that we are not hell-bent on regime change, just for the sake of regime change, but expect changes in behavior. And there are both carrots and there are sticks available to them for those changes in behavior.” This clearly does not describe the agenda of a candidate who supports 'the bombing of Iran and all that stuff.'

I would be very interested to know if this particular artist even knows what Hilary Clinton's position is pertaining to military action against Iran; and, no, I'm not giving him the answer.

Barack Obama being the only Black senator from Illinois automatically gives me a sense of pride and appreciation for his journey. Of course, for America to be flipped on its axis with a qualified woman president would be a significant milestone in this chapter of our country's history. But, I fail to see how a qualified Black man as president wouldn't be just as significant a milestone. Please, to all artists who dare to speak on political issues in this election: understand that Barack Obama won the Iowa caucus by inspiring more young people and women to vote than any previous presidential candidate. How could it not be impressive to see the new Bobby Kennedy of our day in the White House?

In the words of Gabriel when he revealed the Holy Qur'an to the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in the cave: "READ." Please do not let your arrogance be the fuel for your ignorance.

I believe that Rhymefest sums things up we'll.....